Website design

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One big advantage you can offer vs. in town lodging is easy parking. That's something you should brag about. It's a good reason to stay there!
The website is looking much better already!

And Stu, don't be afraid to USE YOUR B&B name every time, all over the place. Pop it in every time you mention your B&B or yourselves, this will help with your search engine optimization, every time someone searches in photos and web you will be there.
"A young, British couple with roots in Spain are showing their fresh take on a 'casa rural'. Their boutique bed & breakfast La Perla Blanca has a casual, elegant atmosphere, and is set in its own working vineyards near the historic city of Ronda."

Stu, I did a google search for your b&b and was very confused initially. I couldn't find it! Then I realized that yes, it was there, but with a slightly different name and domain address with your old website on it. I took the link to your TA reviews and it's with the longer name.
What are your plans for the domain names? If you don't want to lose all the google power that the older website has attained, you must make this change VERY carefully! Is there a reason you're changing your name and domain? There are others on here that can help you with this much more than I can with this and I'm sure they will chime in.

Stu, I did a google search for your b&b and was very confused initially. I couldn't find it! Then I realized that yes, it was there, but with a slightly different name and domain address with your old website on it. I took the link to your TA reviews and it's with the longer name.
What are your plans for the domain names? If you don't want to lose all the google power that the older website has attained, you must make this change VERY carefully! Is there a reason you're changing your name and domain? There are others on here that can help you with this much more than I can with this and I'm sure they will chime in..
Breakfast Diva said:
Stu, I did a google search for your b&b and was very confused initially. I couldn't find it!
Note that Stu has previously said, "My wife and I will soon be running a bed and breakfast for the first time," and "Its so nice having professional people see the site before it properly goes 'live' to the public."

What are your plans for the domain names? If you don't want to lose all the google power that the older website has attained, you must make this change VERY carefully! Is there a reason you're changing your name and domain? There are others on here that can help you with this much more than I can with this and I'm sure they will chime in..
Breakfast Diva said:
Stu, I did a google search for your b&b and was very confused initially. I couldn't find it!
Note that Stu has previously said, "My wife and I will soon be running a bed and breakfast for the first time," and "Its so nice having professional people see the site before it properly goes 'live' to the public."
Arks said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Yes, but his FB page has the new domain as his website. I wonder if the old site was purchased with the b&b. I guess we'll have to see what he says.

Breakfast Diva said:
Arks said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Yes, but his FB page has the new domain as his website. I wonder if the old site was purchased with the b&b. I guess we'll have to see what he says.
Ha ha, you guys are like detectives! ;-) we have taken over the property from the landlord. The last people running it left 5 months ago to run a bigger place, but unfortunately they have kept the old website going. Any ideas how we can get rid of it? Also is it possible to keep the TA reviews? Thanks as always

Breakfast Diva said:
Arks said:
Breakfast Diva said:
The previous tenants wanted us to buy the website, but i fell it would be very expensive, and my wife wanted to create her own

Breakfast Diva said:
Arks said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Ha ha, you guys are like detectives! ;-) we have taken over the property from the landlord. The last people running it left 5 months ago to run a bigger place, but unfortunately they have kept the old website going. Any ideas how we can get rid of it? Also is it possible to keep the TA reviews? Thanks as always
If they still own it there is no getting rid of it. Is the URL from FACEBOOK a redirect to your URL ..was that the domain you purchased. Guess I am confused a bit.
Found these links which you may want to look over. My friend will check on Spanish hosters and I will let you know.
http://weeblyforums.com/2011/08/limitations-of-weebly/
http://www.webnots.com/drawbacks-of-weebly.html
http://www.websitebuilderexpert.com/weebly-vs-wordpress-whats-the-difference/
http://www.buildwebsiteguide.com/using-weebly-website-builder/

OK. So the better half of us (My Wife) has been working really hard yet again on the website to take in all your comments, and done a full re-design. I think it looks much fresher and is more user friendly.
If you still have the patience then do take a look, you are all soooo helpful
www.La-PerlaBlanca.com
The google bots are doing there rounds today then it is a question of getting a few links to other places, getting up the listings and hopefully we are away.

OK. So the better half of us (My Wife) has been working really hard yet again on the website to take in all your comments, and done a full re-design. I think it looks much fresher and is more user friendly.
www.La-PerlaBlanca.com
The google bots are doing there rounds today then it is a question of getting a few links to other places, getting up the listings and hopefully we are away..
Oooh Stu we want to come stay with you. We have a tiny vineyard ourselves!
Riki

www.La-PerlaBlanca.com
The google bots are doing there rounds today then it is a question of getting a few links to other places, getting up the listings and hopefully we are away..
Oh so much better, but you are still being restricted by the confines of the W. Templates. I would make the text font a darker color. Harder to read in light grey.
It still needs a big "in your face" image to give a really great impression of your BEAUTIFUL PLACE!
I think you need to spend some time and take some more and better photos to show off your new place!
If you want to try a Spanish Hosting company, my friends says this is a good one. http://www.arsys.es/
You can check it out and see. My Spanish is not great and the translator didn't do real well either.

www.La-PerlaBlanca.com
Stu said:
www.La-PerlaBlanca.com
The google bots are doing there rounds today then it is a question of getting a few links to other places, getting up the listings and hopefully we are away.
Nice!
Here is my suggestion re Trip Advisor, are you ASKING People to review you? or to LEAVE YOUR WEBSITE to go read the reviews? Why is that ICON there on the homepage?
If you have control over the TA listing, which you should, but maybe you don't as you mentioned the old innkeepers retained it, ie even the name, then get it the heck off of there! Otherwise if you DO have control over it, you need to use a BADGE that they offer, one that shows you heve been reviewed as EXCELLENT 53 times or whatever it is for your place.
Get the badge. If you want to use TA on your website. Right now it is showing a different inn, with the name being different. You better get that sorted out AND FAST.
PS Tell Samantha she is awesome, well done!
thumbs_up.gif

www.La-PerlaBlanca.com
Stu said:
www.La-PerlaBlanca.com
Nice!
Here is my suggestion re Trip Advisor, are you ASKING People to review you? or to LEAVE YOUR WEBSITE to go read the reviews? Why is that ICON there on the homepage?
If you have control over the TA listing, which you should, but maybe you don't as you mentioned the old innkeepers retained it, ie even the name, then get it the heck off of there! Otherwise if you DO have control over it, you need to use a BADGE that they offer, one that shows you heve been reviewed as EXCELLENT 53 times or whatever it is for your place.
Get the badge. If you want to use TA on your website. Right now it is showing a different inn, with the name being different. You better get that sorted out AND FAST.
thumbs_up.gif

I clicked on the TA button and it took me to the right place. This is one of the many badges they offer.
Look closely...spanish name..but same place and photos.

Again thanks for all you comments. Changes have been made today but I know we have got a long way to go before it gets anywhere near perfect. Emptynest, who do you recommend for hosting the webite?
Any more comments
http://www.la-perlablanca.com/
i am learning sooooo much from this Forum. Thanks everyone..
also while I havn't checked every room page I would consider putting a book now button on each one - its all about making it easy for the customer don't make them go back and then click on something etc
You can use the Weebly add button option and then link it to your booking page - easy peasy.

www.La-PerlaBlanca.com
Stu said:
www.La-PerlaBlanca.com
Nice!
thumbs_up.gif

TA gone until we get it sorted thanks.

www.La-PerlaBlanca.com
Oh so much better, but you are still being restricted by the confines of the W. Templates. I would make the text font a darker color. Harder to read in light grey.
It still needs a big "in your face" image to give a really great impression of your BEAUTIFUL PLACE!
I think you need to spend some time and take some more and better photos to show off your new place!
If you want to try a Spanish Hosting company, my friends says this is a good one. http://www.arsys.es/
You can check it out and see. My Spanish is not great and the translator didn't do real well either.
Thanks Emptynest, text turning darker grey as i write. For the time being we are sticking with weebly but may change in the distant future. Thanks for your input

www.La-PerlaBlanca.com
Updated photos next week

www.La-PerlaBlanca.com
Oooh Stu we want to come stay with you. We have a tiny vineyard ourselves!
Riki
Egoodell. We would love you to come and stay. Maybe we could do swapsy on wines! Thanks for the encouragement.

www.La-PerlaBlanca.com
Thanks Emptynest, text turning darker grey as i write. For the time being we are sticking with weebly but may change in the distant future. Thanks for your input
Once you get some better photos, I would switch over to one of their templates with a full width slider or larger background image. They have lots to choose from. I was just in their site looking. You need something that will WOW folks when they first visit your home page.
All best of luck!

Way to go Samantha!! Much brighter and cheery!
Your quote "Our aim is to allow our guests to truly relax.Rural Spain will melt your heart, with its stunning scenery, and the delicious, local flavours will tease your senses: our job is to set you at ease... we want to make you smile." really need to be on your home page! Up at the top, under Rhonda. Along with the bright cheery home page it will let prospective guests know exactly what you are trying to provide. It will help give you an identity and will appeal to a demographic you're looking for.
When you do your room pictures, make sure you get one looking out at the view! I'm intrigued with what that view will be.
I really have to thank both of you. So often, we get new innkeepers on this forum that say they want input, but then fight us on everything we say. It's a pleasure for us to give you input and see that you're listening. RARE these days! Thank you!
I so wish we had time to come and see your place when we'll be in Malaga. Is it difficult to get to your place from Malaga without a car?

Back