What CAN he eat?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine

Reaction score
Reservation request states, "Plant based diet- Does NOT eat ANYTHING that comes from an animal". and she does not eat anykind of oil, in or for preparation.
WHAT CAN I MAKE THEM???
No eggs, No milk products, No muffins (oil), No meats....
(of course I have a full house this weekend!).

Fruit n veg =give them a nice sweet potato, rice or oatmeal, quinoa, lots of fruit.
Vegan is the term...

Yes, that's pretty much what I was thinking... It seems so measly compared to what the other guests will be getting...

You don't need to worry that their plate is skimpy in comparison. This is their choice. Fruit course (no honey!) and oatmeal topped with more fruit and nuts.
Next time you get one of these put the ball back in their court, 'Sorry, I've never cooked a meal without all those ingredients, what exactly do you eat?'
If they fail to reply, you make whatever it is you're serving.

Glad I'm not you! If it were me, I'd ask ...perhaps giving them a choice. My thought would be what I have on hand- cornmeal mush and a fruit platter - but that's because I have tons of fruit growing in our gardens.

You may have noticed I've reached a point where I am no longer 'guessing' what a guest can or cannot eat. We ask, flat out. And, yes, even doing that, even spending 20 MINUTES, IN PERSON, discussing the diet I still hear in the morning, 'Oh, I can't eat that.'
We've made the arrangements and we've accommodated until I personally am just tired of the whole thing. We've been given lists of what the guest can't have only to be told what they had for dinner which contained most of the items we were not allowed to use in making breakfast. (Just so the nanny filter doesn't get me) I'd love to say, 'Sod off!' the next time someone tells me about the lovely dinner while simultaneously telling me they can't eat the same thing at breakfast.

You may have noticed I've reached a point where I am no longer 'guessing' what a guest can or cannot eat. We ask, flat out. And, yes, even doing that, even spending 20 MINUTES, IN PERSON, discussing the diet I still hear in the morning, 'Oh, I can't eat that.'
We've made the arrangements and we've accommodated until I personally am just tired of the whole thing. We've been given lists of what the guest can't have only to be told what they had for dinner which contained most of the items we were not allowed to use in making breakfast. (Just so the nanny filter doesn't get me) I'd love to say, 'Sod off!' the next time someone tells me about the lovely dinner while simultaneously telling me they can't eat the same thing at breakfast..
It's funny, I don't get that kind of thing. Maybe it's because I make a big deal out of their allergy. Something like "Oh, I have a special plate for you because you are allergic to ___. Also, the following items have ___. If you want any of the jam, please ask as the jam may have been cross contaminated." And when they reach for something on their list, I try to be helpful... "Oh! That has X in it. We don't want you getting ill while you are on vacation." (AKA... I'm watching you like a hawk, so if you lied to me, you better realize you have to live with that lie while you are here. It's the price of being a damn liar!)
And yes, if they tell me that they ate something they are allergic to, I have a reaction to it, akin to calling them on it. Because frankly, nothing peeves me more than being lied to.
Oh and I don't have a menu. This is what's for breakfast, take it or leave it. You know what... 99% of the time, they take it, with glee.

is this your first time encountering this? i am surprised as we have talked about guest food demands ad...infinitum...:)
search here under vegan, i think you will find some ideas. it really isnt that hard. But just ask..what do you want to eat.

Sunshine. Side tack alert...I am in your old neck of the woods. You can see pix on our B&B Facebook page. Sending this from gig harbor fivebucks... Went to port orchard, Bremerton and silver dale yesterday. Halibut and chips, teriyaki...two things this area does well.
also got a few photos before the rain hit, it is misty and raining today as well. So my photos for my youngest who was born here will be rainy drizzly wet, we tell her she has webbed feet!
Willowpond, I took some pix on fox island this morning, thinking of you. Tried to find some sea glass, but got rained on and so damp that I settled for barnacles on some rocks to bring home.
Nearly got chewed to bits by pit bulls at our old house, nearly. I forgot that they are everywhere up here!
ate some blackberries.
forgot how Nordic everyone is on the peninsula, and so young and either metro or flannel/grunge the guys are here. Haha
of course this area is boom town, and so crowded now, Costco, kohls, hospital, etc here I the harbor. Traffic and people, I am such a small town girl now.
Port orchard is now 12,870 population. Was 4000 when we lived there. The house we built has moss on the roof. Standard drill.
I did miss the smell of low tide I the Sinclair inlet...salty algae smell, totally forgot about that. But...there are virtually no ways to access it, all private beaches and roped off w warning signs. I think every piece of seaglass and sea star I have in my old pix were the girls and I sneaking onto a beach at low tide!
caught a photo of the Bremerton to Seattle ferry, was going to go on today, but don' t need to see nothing in the rain!may have caught a glimpse of an orca though...
Forgot the extreme diff in southern friendliness vs pacnw, it really is a large diff. I had some guy at the car rental at seatac whistling to me....no not hey you blond type of whistle... Whistle whistle hey hey...hey you! He yelled. I finally turned and said "are you speaking to me?" I am used to people say "excuse me, ma'am..." Not being whistled at,hey you!"
i don't have everyone's email, so please consider this my update. And sidetrack,sorry. Ps it is 52 degrees high midday. I have a coat, and scarf on.

Sunshine. Side tack alert...I am in your old neck of the woods. You can see pix on our B&B Facebook page. Sending this from gig harbor fivebucks... Went to port orchard, Bremerton and silver dale yesterday. Halibut and chips, teriyaki...two things this area does well.
also got a few photos before the rain hit, it is misty and raining today as well. So my photos for my youngest who was born here will be rainy drizzly wet, we tell her she has webbed feet!
Willowpond, I took some pix on fox island this morning, thinking of you. Tried to find some sea glass, but got rained on and so damp that I settled for barnacles on some rocks to bring home.
Nearly got chewed to bits by pit bulls at our old house, nearly. I forgot that they are everywhere up here!
ate some blackberries.
forgot how Nordic everyone is on the peninsula, and so young and either metro or flannel/grunge the guys are here. Haha
of course this area is boom town, and so crowded now, Costco, kohls, hospital, etc here I the harbor. Traffic and people, I am such a small town girl now.
Port orchard is now 12,870 population. Was 4000 when we lived there. The house we built has moss on the roof. Standard drill.
I did miss the smell of low tide I the Sinclair inlet...salty algae smell, totally forgot about that. But...there are virtually no ways to access it, all private beaches and roped off w warning signs. I think every piece of seaglass and sea star I have in my old pix were the girls and I sneaking onto a beach at low tide!
caught a photo of the Bremerton to Seattle ferry, was going to go on today, but don' t need to see nothing in the rain!may have caught a glimpse of an orca though...
Forgot the extreme diff in southern friendliness vs pacnw, it really is a large diff. I had some guy at the car rental at seatac whistling to me....no not hey you blond type of whistle... Whistle whistle hey hey...hey you! He yelled. I finally turned and said "are you speaking to me?" I am used to people say "excuse me, ma'am..." Not being whistled at,hey you!"
i don't have everyone's email, so please consider this my update. And sidetrack,sorry. Ps it is 52 degrees high midday. I have a coat, and scarf on..
You're here just in time for the big storms this weekend. Batten down the hatches!

Easy way to remember the what they will eat is if it had a face or feet - won't eat.

Toast and jam, cooked cereal with fruit compote or cut fruit, fruit juice, tea, if you still have them, sliced or grilled garden tomatoes.

ate some blackberries.
i don't have everyone's email, so please consider this my update. And sidetrack,sorry. Ps it is 52 degrees high midday. I have a coat, and scarf on..
You certainly chose the weekend for it. Hope you have a nice place to stay dry in. Forecast for a wild Saturday.

ate some blackberries.
Oh, thank you for sharing!! I miss it soooooo Much! Great, descriptive narrative. I just have to close my eyes and I can smell the sea / salt water and sea weed! miss it, miss it, miss it.
I'll look for the pics!
OH,,, and the BLACKBERRIES!!! LARGE JUICY, DELICIOUS!!! here they are small, flavorless, tiny... not worth picking. :(
Thank you!

Ok, so they said, NOTING made with oil, Nothing that came from an animal...
Last night when they returned they both went and got large handful of cookies...
GUESS WHAT??? Both eggs and Oil in them!!!
People are just dumb!

Back