2009 Tax Questions and Info

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
JB Question 1) If you have/had your inn for sale in 2009 are you deducting the for sale listings on your annual taxes? ie bedandbreakfastforsale.com and other directories? Or will you wait and try to deduct this after it sells? Or will you not deduct it at all, because you can't.
Yeah yeah yeah will start out with that reply to those who say ask your accountant. I am not there yet and compiling my junk in prep for that time. Just wondering.

JB Question 2) what deductions will you take for innkeeper/vocational training, anything? Mileage, lodging, meals, conference fees?

JB Question 2) what deductions will you take for innkeeper/vocational training, anything? Mileage, lodging, meals, conference fees?.
Any classes we have taken that had a fee will be deducted. I don't usually do mileage, but I could. Most of them are really close by.

JB Question 2) what deductions will you take for innkeeper/vocational training, anything? Mileage, lodging, meals, conference fees?.
Joey Bloggs said:
JB Question 2) what deductions will you take for innkeeper/vocational training, anything? Mileage, lodging, meals, conference fees?
All of the above are valid deductions; I often forget about the mileage. Not this year, since it will be big.

JB Question 1) If you have/had your inn for sale in 2009 are you deducting the for sale listings on your annual taxes? ie bedandbreakfastforsale.com and other directories? Or will you wait and try to deduct this after it sells?
My way of thinking on this (not that it is well researched or anything) is that you expense it for the year you had the expense. You can't really (I don't think) take your 2009 receipt for payment and expense it from 2010 (assuming the sale takes place in 2010).

Back