A Fawlty Towers morning it was -

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini

Reaction score
A Fawlty Towers morning for DH

[COLOR= black]Yesterday, we had a fawlty towers morning.
Couple, he very old and she very young (2 night stay) left the house after their breakfast and my DH who is renovating the room below them (when guests are not in the house), thought that since they just left for the day it was okay for him to go into their closet to do something (for 5 minutes, they would never know) re plumbing or electrical for the room he is working on below. I told him to make it quick since he really should not be in their room. While in there, he accidentally knocked over the guy's aftershave with his elbow (which the guy used too much of). The bottle broke just as the couple came home and entered their room. They saw dh, in his overalls, with their broken aftershave bottle in one hand and their candle (which they knew was forbidden) in his other hand. What a predicament he got himself in. I almost have to laugh cause I warned him. If the bottle had not broken, he would have been in their closet instead. He then had to spend 20 minutes cleaning up the mess, while they watched.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]Now the whole house smells of aftershave. He was lucky this time that they had a sense of humour and this morning they asked if they could stay another night. I told them “I promise he won’t be in your room today”.[/COLOR]
Now I have to ask "How do I get rid of that smell of aftershave other than bleach"?

A great story to add to his list of stories, and to yours! No need for him to ever wear aftershave again...or anyone for that matter. :)

Try putting a small bowl with some vanilla in it in the closet. Vanilla absorbs odors.

Murphy's Law strikes again. It's always the "it will only take 5 minutes" jobs that wreak havoc. It gives them and you a good story.

I came home yesterday to be told the drain plug in the plastic basket contraption we had to catch junk before it goes down the drain had separated from the basket and was now impeding flow from that sink. So before i left for a seminar this morning I had to call the plumber and tell him I guess I am giving him all his profits this month (so far this month a blown water heater & a fan motor on the furnace) because there was something stuck in the sink pipes - the kitchen door is open, I have the under the sink cleared out, please have at it. They did, I came home today to a functioning sink.

One thing after another, isn't it. Can't get ahead. We had an unusually busy month in April which I was excited about as lots of bills can get paid.
Then we woke up this morning to a call from our mechanic saying our truck repairs will cost $2500. Ugh!

One thing after another, isn't it. Can't get ahead. We had an unusually busy month in April which I was excited about as lots of bills can get paid.
Then we woke up this morning to a call from our mechanic saying our truck repairs will cost $2500. Ugh!.
Victoria said:
Then we woke up this morning to a call from our mechanic saying our truck repairs will cost $2500. Ugh!
OK, I get this one. We were going great guns last month and had actually received a tax refund when our car died. There went the tax refund and then some to buy another car. And what everyone said to me? 'At least you had the money.'
Yeah, I had it, for 2 minutes. And all the other plans for it went on the shelf.
You have my total sympathy.

Last week one car needed new brakes and a whole new exhaust system and this week it was my front end. Our roads here are terrible. One guest asked me why I didn't tell her we live on a dirt road. We don't but the road is so bad there is very little pavement left. Our tax $$ at work.

Back