A Holiday video

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just came back from a B&B convention and they were encouraging videos! Said they need to be 30 seconds or less tho..
That would make sense actually if I were selling a box of cheerios or laundry detergent. When doing retreats that range from $1,500 to $3,500 and book a dozen or so of these events in a year. I guess I will continue to ignore the less than stellar advice one receives on here from the "click" Now back to your scrap booking video and remember to feed a brain it needs food.
Let me add you to the growing ignore list though.
lflkdsgjfrdklgjoireigjio' said:
That would make sense actually if I were selling a box of cheerios or laundry detergent. When doing retreats that range from $1,500 to $3,500 and book a dozen or so of these events in a year. I guess I will continue to ignore the less than stellar advice one receives on here from the "click" Now back to your scrap booking video and remember to feed a brain it needs food.
The "clique" is a group of hard-working, down-to-earth people who extended a hand of welcome to you. The "clique" has been denigrated by a few who were arrogant pieces of pomposity who after stooping to some silly name-calling picked up their marbles and left, giving those who remained a breath of fresh air as the door opened for the exit. People who have work to do, do not have time to "make nice" and feed egos. They, when asked, give blunt to the point answers and get back to work.

Just came back from a B&B convention and they were encouraging videos! Said they need to be 30 seconds or less tho..
You didn't care for the "negativity" that you felt because some folks didn't care for your vid.
And then you give this response.
Those of us with functioning brains (which is most) recognize what is going on here.

The "clique" is a group of hard-working, down-to-earth people who extended a hand of welcome to you. The "clique" has been denigrated by a few who were arrogant pieces of pomposity who after stooping to some silly name-calling picked up their marbles and left, giving those who remained a breath of fresh air as the door opened for the exit. People who have work to do, do not have time to "make nice" and feed egos. They, when asked, give blunt to the point answers and get back to work.
I took a beating from GHouse last week! I still like you and respect your opinion. Look we are all here to help each other! This kinda reminds me of what our Gov is doing right now! But I won't start that! The bottom line is this! "If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen"! If you would like to cook with us grab a frying pan and cook up some helpful comments! I think I'm done with this.......

I took a beating from GHouse last week! I still like you and respect your opinion. Look we are all here to help each other! This kinda reminds me of what our Gov is doing right now! But I won't start that! The bottom line is this! "If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen"! If you would like to cook with us grab a frying pan and cook up some helpful comments! I think I'm done with this.......
Maybe a little slapping around but not a beating. You are still aren't you? There would be nothing left of you had it been a beating. lol

Nothing Sunshine wrote warranted this kind of reply. Your baggage is on the curb, you can pick it up as you leave.

Nothing Sunshine wrote warranted this kind of reply. Your baggage is on the curb, you can pick it up as you leave.
Swirt, I love your final message to him. I hope he also got it in an email to ensure that he saw it. Although such a pompous and arrogant person will not acknowledge he has been kicked out of a place people WANT to be in.

What I never understood is - Why ask for people's opinions if you don't want to hear them? one time Joe had a go at my web site - know it needs work and still does but while my feelings were hurt a little bit - I took the advice and it made me make some more changes and so some more work! Didn't get in a fret about it because I know the advice on here is for my benefit! people don't give opinions out of nothing they do it to try and help you.

What I never understood is - Why ask for people's opinions if you don't want to hear them? one time Joe had a go at my web site - know it needs work and still does but while my feelings were hurt a little bit - I took the advice and it made me make some more changes and so some more work! Didn't get in a fret about it because I know the advice on here is for my benefit! people don't give opinions out of nothing they do it to try and help you.
Exactly! Ask a question here and you had best be prepared for an honest opinionated answer. What you so with that opinionated honest answer is up to you!!! (the generic you, not personal)

i am a writer. i rarely share what i've written before it's done ... unless i want advice and critiques. want to get your feelings hurt? talk to an editor.
honest evaluation and criticism are hard to take.
if all someone wants is to be congratulated and told 'it's great' ... this is not the forum to post in.
in this forum, post a video and members will tell it as they see it.
you might not like the answers you get, you might not agree, but the advice will often be spot on and will point you in the right direction. at the very least, it will be honest opinions backed up by loads of experience from innkeepers.
it is too bad when someone does not want to benefit from what is available here.

Back