Quantcast

A Technical and Performance Review of your Website

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

dumitru

Reaction score
Hi there,
So this idea came to me from the discussion about using events in your marketing efforts.
How would you like a quick review (obviously free) of your website from a technical (usability and performance) point of view?
Being a designer and developer for quite some years, I might see some easy-to-fix aspects of your website.
Just post your URL here and I'll get on with it.
I can even send the review by email, if you don't want it to be public.
Let's try this experiment?

Madeleine

Reaction score
I think most of us use Google Webmaster Tools to do the same thing. I know I get an overview of how well the page is coming up and exactly what is slowing it down. I make those changes and then rerun and see where the site has sped up in loading time.
The other, also important, 'how does it look to the viewer' I did when I built it earlier this year. Sent out the link to a variety of users both capable and not and got back a lot of responses. I fixed the things I could/wanted to fix and tweaked the site to make it more friendly for folks who didn't like certain things I really did like.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
We kind of have our "own self -reviewing" here. We look out for one another. Some take it well, others don't care to hear what we offer...so that is fine with us.

dumitru

Reaction score
We kind of have our "own self -reviewing" here. We look out for one another. Some take it well, others don't care to hear what we offer...so that is fine with us..
Oh, OK, I get that.
Anyway, the offer is still on the table if anyone is interested, if not, so be it :)

dumitru

Reaction score
I think most of us use Google Webmaster Tools to do the same thing. I know I get an overview of how well the page is coming up and exactly what is slowing it down. I make those changes and then rerun and see where the site has sped up in loading time.
The other, also important, 'how does it look to the viewer' I did when I built it earlier this year. Sent out the link to a variety of users both capable and not and got back a lot of responses. I fixed the things I could/wanted to fix and tweaked the site to make it more friendly for folks who didn't like certain things I really did like..
GWT is great for a general overview of the website, but there are certain things that it won't tell a webmaster.

But yes, it is sufficient for most website owners not looking to complicate their lives too much with this :)

JBloggs

Reaction score
It is needed. But alas those who need it won't do it. So there ya have it! Thank you for putting it out there on offer...