AIHP

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checked the list of contributors and I know quite a lot of them. I'm a little concerned that the big contributors are companies that seem to make doing business harder than it should be - airbnb and bedandbreakfast.com as examples.
How independent will this organization be with the big money coming from large corporations that tend to work against our goals?.
Morticia said:
Checked the list of contributors and I know quite a lot of them. I'm a little concerned that the big contributors are companies that seem to make doing business harder than it should be - airbnb and bedandbreakfast.com as examples.
How independent will this organization be with the big money coming from large corporations that tend to work against our goals?
thumbs_up.gif

Here is the list of BIG MONEY. (vested interests from my POV) The others are B & Bs that are doing quite well and best to them. Wish I could be one of them.
Legacy ($10,000 or above)
The B&B Team (keep buying/selling inns) William Henry Miller Inn
Benefactor ($5,000 - $9,999)
airbnb (need our listings when the push to be legit hits the fan) BedandBreakfast.com (needs out listings) Deneen Pottery (we are their customers) Fairview Inn Hermann Hill B&B Vineyard Inn Lookout Point Lakeside Inn The Mermaid & The Alligator B&B Old World Inns Select Registry (needs B & Bs for members) Rezovation Software (we are their customers)
Sustaining ($2000 - $4999)
Acorn Internet Services (we are their customers) Azalea Inn & Villas Bed & Breakfast Association of Arkansas The Beechmont Inn B&B BnB Finder (we are their customers with our listings) Bushnell & Bushnell (needs us to buy & sell) Eliot Dalton Inn Consultant & Broker (needs us to buy & sell) Eight Broads in the Kitchen Insideout Solutions (we are their customers) Q4Launch (we are their customers) Rabbit Hill Inn Saratoga Arms ThinkReservations (we are their customers) Turkish Towel Company (we are their customers)

How independent will this organization be with the big money coming from large corporations that tend to work against our goals?.
I think a lot of the big money came from companies that want us to stay in business - WE are THEIR customers.
Sometimes I really don't think that bedandbreakfast .com thinks of me as a customer, more like a jailbird in the shower room.

Morticia said:
How independent will this organization be with the big money coming from large corporations that tend to work against our goals?
thumbs_up.gif

Here is the list of BIG MONEY. (vested interests from my POV) The others are B & Bs that are doing quite well and best to them. Wish I could be one of them.
Legacy ($10,000 or above)
The B&B Team (keep buying/selling inns) William Henry Miller Inn
Benefactor ($5,000 - $9,999)
airbnb (need our listings when the push to be legit hits the fan) BedandBreakfast.com (needs out listings) Deneen Pottery (we are their customers) Fairview Inn Hermann Hill B&B Vineyard Inn Lookout Point Lakeside Inn The Mermaid & The Alligator B&B Old World Inns Select Registry (needs B & Bs for members) Rezovation Software (we are their customers)
Sustaining ($2000 - $4999)
Acorn Internet Services (we are their customers) Azalea Inn & Villas Bed & Breakfast Association of Arkansas The Beechmont Inn B&B BnB Finder (we are their customers with our listings) Bushnell & Bushnell (needs us to buy & sell) Eliot Dalton Inn Consultant & Broker (needs us to buy & sell) Eight Broads in the Kitchen Insideout Solutions (we are their customers) Q4Launch (we are their customers) Rabbit Hill Inn Saratoga Arms ThinkReservations (we are their customers) Turkish Towel Company (we are their customers)
Thanks for adding this.

I think a lot of the big money came from companies that want us to stay in business - WE are THEIR customers.
Sometimes I really don't think that bedandbreakfast .com thinks of me as a customer, more like a jailbird in the shower room.
An Old Tavernkeeper said:
That is why I left them. But as long as innkeepers are willing to pay their rates for listings, it is in their best interests to keep us in business. Therefore, I thing they will work FOR us with AIHP.

That is why I left them. But as long as innkeepers are willing to pay their rates for listings, it is in their best interests to keep us in business. Therefore, I thing they will work FOR us with AIHP.
In the end, casting aspersions upon this group is a red herring tossed out to detract from the main message that there is a great group of dynamic progressive hospitality professionals that have formed a forward thinking non-profit aimed at helping our industry position itself for the future. As with peanut butter and jelly, no matter how brilliant it is, it isn't for everyone.

In the end, casting aspersions upon this group is a red herring tossed out to detract from the main message that there is a great group of dynamic progressive hospitality professionals that have formed a forward thinking non-profit aimed at helping our industry position itself for the future. As with peanut butter and jelly, no matter how brilliant it is, it isn't for everyone.
happykeeper said:
Haps! I am reading this and eating PB&J (I nearly choked on it when I read your final line)... I love your long sentence and was hoping to see it all without a stop til the end.
Yes, we need those who support our profession, in all shapes and sizes. This forum is not the final arbitrator or this, but everyone can post their pov, and they do!
You know DH walked past me yesterday morning and said "I love fisherman's friends" and I said "oh those metholyptimmy thingies blech!" and he replied "Eucalyptus...oh and menthol...yes!"
And I thought to myself at that exact moment "I would rather die than put one of those things in my mouth" and "this explains why some come to our B&B's and don't like it, and some love it."
Same with this organisation. We are not all cut form the same cloth, even if we are in the same business, per se. Anyone promoting and doing good is a-ok and unfortunately the funding and sponsorship has to come from somewhere, and if it is not illegal or immoral, then it is good.

happykeeper said:
Haps! I am reading this and eating PB&J (I nearly choked on it when I read your final line)... I love your long sentence and was hoping to see it all without a stop til the end.
Yes, we need those who support our profession, in all shapes and sizes. This forum is not the final arbitrator or this, but everyone can post their pov, and they do!
You know DH walked past me yesterday morning and said "I love fisherman's friends" and I said "oh those metholyptimmy thingies blech!" and he replied "Eucalyptus...oh and menthol...yes!"
And I thought to myself at that exact moment "I would rather die than put one of those things in my mouth" and "this explains why some come to our B&B's and don't like it, and some love it."
Same with this organisation. We are not all cut form the same cloth, even if we are in the same business, per se. Anyone promoting and doing good is a-ok and unfortunately the funding and sponsorship has to come from somewhere, and if it is not illegal or immoral, then it is good.
regular_smile.gif

Back