? AirBB

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
When you get an AirBB rez do you get no info other than the guest's name?

Their name, an email address via Air to email them and their phone/mobile number.

The guest usually tells you a little about themselves in the messages through air. You don't need any payment info since air takes care of it all.

The guest usually tells you a little about themselves in the messages through air. You don't need any payment info since air takes care of it all..
Breakfast Diva said:
The guest usually tells you a little about themselves in the messages through air. You don't need any payment info since air takes care of it all.
This guest doesn't even have a photo!

The guest usually tells you a little about themselves in the messages through air. You don't need any payment info since air takes care of it all..
Breakfast Diva said:
Morticia said:
With my last air guest I could browse his whole FB page, see their wedding photos, what music they like, etc. It was very nice to have a good idea of what sort of people they were before they even arrived!

Breakfast Diva said:
Morticia said:
With my last air guest I could browse his whole FB page, see their wedding photos, what music they like, etc. It was very nice to have a good idea of what sort of people they were before they even arrived!
Arks said:
Morticia said:
Like being an invited stalker.... lol

Breakfast Diva said:
Morticia said:
Arks said:
Morticia said:
Copperhead said:
Right. The link to it all was right there in his Air profile. I didn't have to go look him up on FB or anything. Nice!

Breakfast Diva said:
You don't have to accept the reservation if you feel uncomfortable with it.

After the booking is confirmed then you get the rest of their information.

Breakfast Diva said:
Morticia said:
Arks said:
Morticia said:
Copperhead said:
Right. The link to it all was right there in his Air profile. I didn't have to go look him up on FB or anything. Nice!
But we have all seen the cartoon of the gorgeous blond chatting online with the strong handsome man as he sits over-flowing his chair with his hairy arms and bald head with her sitting at the computer with her teeth in the glass.

Breakfast Diva said:
Morticia said:
Breakfast Diva said:
I had that with one of mine and I really hesitated before I accepted the reservation. You can tell if they've been 'verified' by air. I finally came to the acceptance that we never know anything about new people staying with us. Yea, we might have their credit card, but that doesn't tell us if they are good people or not.
I did accept the one without a picture and she was great. Also, I seem to have gotten people that don't have reviews either. I think they're newbies to air just like we are.
I've got a couple coming in today from England who booked on air. No photo on this one either.

After the booking is confirmed then you get the rest of their information..
Duff2014 said:
Nothing more. I know no more about them now than yesterday. But what do I know about walk ins?
The only thing verified is the phone number. Anyone could verify a phone number.
I guess because this site is supposed to be for sharing your home, I thought there'd be more info. I mean they know all about me - my name, where I live, my phone number, etc.

Duff2014 said:
Nothing more. I know no more about them now than yesterday. But what do I know about walk ins?
The only thing verified is the phone number. Anyone could verify a phone number.
I guess because this site is supposed to be for sharing your home, I thought there'd be more info. I mean they know all about me - my name, where I live, my phone number, etc.
What is your cancellation policy with air? Since air collects, you don't have to worry about it. You can always change it on air to only accept reservations from verified, if it bothers you. But honestly, so far they have been very communicative by email and SMS.

Duff2014 said:
Morticia said:
Duff2014 said:
You get their name, email, and phone number when the room is booked. Prior to accepting the booking you can see the level to which they have chosen to be verified (i.e.: name, email, phone, license or passport) but essentially you are correct.

Duff2014 said:
What is your cancellation policy with air? Since air collects, you don't have to worry about it. You can always change it on air to only accept reservations from verified, if it bothers you. But honestly, so far they have been very communicative by email and SMS.
Jon Sable said:
Strict? It's 5 days out.

Duff2014 said:
Jon Sable said:
Strict? It's 5 days out.
Yup. Wish they had stricter. But once that deadline is past, you will be paid.

Duff2014 said:
Jon Sable said:
Strict? It's 5 days out.
I had one that cancelled the day before arrival - I got paid. THEN I had one cancel with me well within the cancel period. I do not know if she should have cancelled with Air or what - but I got a check. I held it for a couple weeks thinking I was going to get a - oops, we should not have sent that. No messages of any kind - so I had 2 that did not come and I got paid.

Back