AirBnb Innkeepers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally! Just got my first reservation due to my listing on Air. It's just one night, a Saturday night "getaway" from Memphis, but after making contact through the Air contact system, they booked the reservation through my website using ResKey. So just perfect.
It's kind of cool that before I wrote them back I was able to check their Air profile, including their photo (a cleancut couple that looks to be about 30) and could see that the guy has 68 FB friends!!
I guess that comes from this new system a lot of sites use, that let you log on using your FB account.

I have a problem sharing information on this forum with "air" innkeepers. If you're a real one, I want to talk peer-to-peer. I have no interest in giving away free advice to people who compete with us on an unequal playing field (no regulation, no room taxes paid, etc.) I strongly oppose allowing people to join this or the LinkedIn boards I belong to without them having a tangible B&B/Inn business..
The last I looked, this was a free and open place to be. Most Air folks would have no desire to even be called an innkeeper I don't think. And real innkeepers who list on Air....I have no problem with. Hey take advantage of it.
devil_smile.gif

I agree, I have no issue with legitimate innkeepers who also list on air. I'm one of them.
But allowing air innkeepers who don't play by the same rules as us? Why should we give them the benefit of our experience so they can undercut us by not paying taxes, licenses, etc.?
Granted it's impossible for the mods to police, but still....

I have a problem sharing information on this forum with "air" innkeepers. If you're a real one, I want to talk peer-to-peer. I have no interest in giving away free advice to people who compete with us on an unequal playing field (no regulation, no room taxes paid, etc.) I strongly oppose allowing people to join this or the LinkedIn boards I belong to without them having a tangible B&B/Inn business..
The last I looked, this was a free and open place to be. Most Air folks would have no desire to even be called an innkeeper I don't think. And real innkeepers who list on Air....I have no problem with. Hey take advantage of it.
devil_smile.gif

I agree, I have no issue with legitimate innkeepers who also list on air. I'm one of them.
But allowing air innkeepers who don't play by the same rules as us? Why should we give them the benefit of our experience so they can undercut us by not paying taxes, licenses, etc.?
Granted it's impossible for the mods to police, but still....
I doubt Air people stay on here long to reap our advice and how we do things. I think they are only interested in the minimum they have to do to get the most money. The things we talk about and do usually cost us dollars, not pennies.

Finally! Just got my first reservation due to my listing on Air. It's just one night, a Saturday night "getaway" from Memphis, but after making contact through the Air contact system, they booked the reservation through my website using ResKey. So just perfect.
It's kind of cool that before I wrote them back I was able to check their Air profile, including their photo (a cleancut couple that looks to be about 30) and could see that the guy has 68 FB friends!!
I guess that comes from this new system a lot of sites use, that let you log on using your FB account..
Great Arks! I'm glad for you! We are on Air too, but haven't received anything from it yet.

I guess that comes from this new system a lot of sites use, that let you log on using your FB account..
Great Arks! I'm glad for you! We are on Air too, but haven't received anything from it yet.
we have had a few - but not many - but I figure every booking is a bonus so am happy to pay the much reduced commission!

Back