Annoying stuff from our first week open after winter vacation

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
We are back in business after six months off, time to vent the annoyances. 🤣

got a call asking for early check in. Not an issue as there was no one in that room last night, so sure. Well, it is g o Rey shopping day and we want to get going. He’s not here…..still not here…..
In days past, we would have waited, but since we learned the joys of self check in, we set up his self check in and went shopping. Who can guess whether they arrived while we were out? Nope! Still not here! He requested a noon check in and it is 2:30. One of countless lessons learned. Don’t wait.

got a text from a high school acquaintance that I see on FB. She’s going to be in town! What’s the best restaurant? Is her favorite place still open? Can I get a drink if I don’t order food (cuz it used to be a requirement - no booze without a food order), Is the museum open yet? Etc. I answered all the questions and wished her a good trip. She told me she was staying at the motel. HUH? Then why am I the concierge? 🤦‍♀️. Funny.

... I answered all the questions and wished her a good trip. She told me she was staying at the motel. HUH? Then why am I the concierge? 🤦‍♀️. Funny.
They aren't staying with me, Google is their concierge. That's why you stay at an AirBnB, Google is your concierge.

Real friend stay with you... and don't ask for a discount. Those are the people who respect that you are in business and need to pay bills. Everyone else... welcome to the Google Concierge

They aren't staying with me, Google is their concierge. Real friend stay with you... and don't ask for a discount.
I'm always the odd one. I enjoy life and people. If I assist someone, I'm still helping promote the area which in turn helps me in the long run. I look forward to family and friends that visit, don't have that many these days, but my reward is that they chose to spend time with me. Maybe not a successful businessperson, but life is good.

Jim, your attitude is great. I have to agree that I enjoy promoting the area. And I do promote other inns as a member of our association. I will try to remember how short life is and how awesome our area is to share.

Back