Are you getting enough business?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have played a home-made mix of an Early-American instrumental band for 12 years, every day, day-in day out. No ASCAP, No fees.
All you need to do is ASK the artist for permission. It also helps that we SELL their CDs in our little gift shop and feature them at our Front Desk. Everybody's happy - we purchase their product, we sell product. They win, we win. And their music is wonderful, soothing, and hits our "spot". After-dash-Class-dot com.

Hi Josh,
I am going to turn the tables on to you. Try using your knowledge about our industry to help this B&B. As an avid traveler of B&B's I am sure you have dealt with many challenges. As a marketing professional wanting to help a business grow, helping them from a travelers perspective may be the best way.
What were the challenges YOU faced in finding a B&B in the area(s) you were traveling?
When booking, what problems arose?
When you arrived, were you at times overwhelmed with information or forgotten at the door?
I am sure you now know where I am going with this. Jot down the issues you have experienced then use that knowledge to assist this place.
Sorta a kinder, gentler Gor don Ram sey so to speak!.
Hi,
Yeah, that's exactly what the process was at the last place I helped. The owner told me his difficulties and I also asked guests about everything. Straightening out the issues then putting some marketing to work made a big difference.
Some owners I have met can have trouble seeing the problems & solutions clearly because they are totally inside the business. I had a business coach for a few years and having an outsider's perspective was a great help.

Back