Arghhh Ruined Sheets with Purple Massage Oil!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mix equal parts of dishwashing liquid (not dishwasher soap) and hydrogen peroxide and pour it on the stains. allow to sit ... rinse ... check ... repeat ... and again ... i have never known this to fail on wine and other massage oil products, but this could be a first.
point is, it's not like a natural stain (someone bled or something) ... this is disrespectful. like those who check in and color their hair, getting the hair dye on your towels.
i would still call him, since he's already gone ... and tell him 'some kind of staining occurred' during his stay and you've been unable to remove the stains ... and the sheets cost xyz and should you put it on his credit card? see what he says. assume the best, maybe he'll surprise you.
do you have a damage clause in your policies that he signed?.
THANK YOU!! Sea Shanty! It worked! This was massive smears and blots so in addition to using the peroxide and dishwashing detergent, I laid the bottom sheet and mattress pad out on the back yard and let the sunshine aid in the magic!!! You know, like those olden days when one used to streak your hair with peroxide and laid out in the sun? There is more of a story about these folks, but need to distance myself a bit before I write it.
wahoo! i am so GLAD!
you might want to launder them and treat one more time to be sure. if you've got an old fashioned clothesline, check them hanging in the sunlight to be sure it's all out.
haha peroxide hair! i actually had a natural blonde streak left of center on my head when i was a little girl. women used to scold my mother for 'bleaching' my hair ... scary idea! as i got older, it went away. but now it's coming back ... white/grey ... got a bit of a lily munster thing going on ... maybe i should comb peroxide in it.
wink_smile.gif

looking forward to reading more about these guests. i don't like the sound of someone 'demanding' that a fireplace be lit ...
seashanty said:
looking forward to reading more about these guests. i don't like the sound of someone 'demanding' that a fireplace be lit ...
At least the folks here have asked if we could have the fireplace on 'early' as they were celebrating an anniversary. We've also done it for wedding guests. No one has demanded it.
We always turn them off Mem Day weekend. Then the temp drops 20 degrees. Every year. But they add so much heat to the room (gas fireplace) that I don't want them running all summer.
We had a woman "demand" having us light a wood fire in the common room fireplace last year in June. I explained to her that there was not enough of a temperature gradient between the indoor temperature (68degrees) and the outdoor temperature (60 degrees) to create enough draw for a fire but she insisted.
So I laid a couple of logs in the recently-cleaned fireplace, opened the damper and smoldered a fire for her. She got the idea, finally, and did not insist again.
Silverspoon said:
We had a woman "demand" having us light a wood fire in the common room fireplace last year in June. I explained to her that there was not enough of a temperature gradient between the indoor temperature (68degrees) and the outdoor temperature (60 degrees) to create enough draw for a fire but she insisted.
So I laid a couple of logs in the recently-cleaned fireplace, opened the damper and smoldered a fire for her. She got the idea, finally, and did not insist again.
I saw a comedian last night and part of his act covered hotels and how we become cleptos when we are in a hotel room, anything not tied down becomes part of what we paid for. He said something like "Yeah I bought this shampoo! This oughta do me for 24 hours..." speaking of the little bottle.
He was hilarious. He said have you ever come back to the room and it wasn't made up? He did quite the impression of an assaulted individual, "How dare they! I paid for this room!"
Jim Gaffigan: Mr. Universe
here is a youtube sneak peek
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YDTfEhChgw

mix equal parts of dishwashing liquid (not dishwasher soap) and hydrogen peroxide and pour it on the stains. allow to sit ... rinse ... check ... repeat ... and again ... i have never known this to fail on wine and other massage oil products, but this could be a first.
point is, it's not like a natural stain (someone bled or something) ... this is disrespectful. like those who check in and color their hair, getting the hair dye on your towels.
i would still call him, since he's already gone ... and tell him 'some kind of staining occurred' during his stay and you've been unable to remove the stains ... and the sheets cost xyz and should you put it on his credit card? see what he says. assume the best, maybe he'll surprise you.
THANK YOU!! Sea Shanty! It worked! This was massive smears and blots so in addition to using the peroxide and dishwashing detergent, I laid the bottom sheet and mattress pad out on the back yard and let the sunshine aid in the magic!!! You know, like those olden days when one used to streak your hair with peroxide and laid out in the sun? There is more of a story about these folks, but need to distance myself a bit before I write it.
wahoo! i am so GLAD!
you might want to launder them and treat one more time to be sure. if you've got an old fashioned clothesline, check them hanging in the sunlight to be sure it's all out.
haha peroxide hair! i actually had a natural blonde streak left of center on my head when i was a little girl. women used to scold my mother for 'bleaching' my hair ... scary idea! as i got older, it went away. but now it's coming back ... white/grey ... got a bit of a lily munster thing going on ... maybe i should comb peroxide in it.
wink_smile.gif

seashanty said:
At least the folks here have asked if we could have the fireplace on 'early' as they were celebrating an anniversary. We've also done it for wedding guests. No one has demanded it.
We always turn them off Mem Day weekend. Then the temp drops 20 degrees. Every year. But they add so much heat to the room (gas fireplace) that I don't want them running all summer.
Silverspoon said:
I saw a comedian last night and part of his act covered hotels and how we become cleptos when we are in a hotel room, anything not tied down becomes part of what we paid for. He said something like "Yeah I bought this shampoo! This oughta do me for 24 hours..." speaking of the little bottle.
He was hilarious. He said have you ever come back to the room and it wasn't made up? He did quite the impression of an assaulted individual, "How dare they! I paid for this room!"
Very funny guy! I have bookmarked him for those days when I REALLY nee a laugh! Ohhhh I feel one of those days comin' on fast.
shades_smile.gif

wahoo! i am so GLAD!
wink_smile.gif

seashanty said:
Silverspoon said:
We watched that last night too! I was cracking up at the first half and then I fell asleep, it's been a long "vacation" week for me. I could relate to so much of what he was talking about, I'm a parent and I've had a homebirth, I own a b&b and a pizza place (I vaguely remember something about pizza I was starting to drift at that point). I don't "get" a lot of comedians but he's one that I find very funny.

Back