As seen on the CBS Evening News - Clean The World

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendydk

Reaction score
[h3]Clean the World Partnership Program [/h3]Through our Hospitality Partner Program, Clean the World, Inc. (CTW) works with the hospitality industry to recycle soap, provide jobs and save lives..
Each month, as part of normal operations, your hotel discards hundreds, or possibly even thousands, of pounds of soap and shampoo. These products often end up in already overflowing landfills and contaminate fragile groundwater systems. By partnering with Clean the World your soap and shampoo products get recycled – reducing waste, providing jobs, and saving lives. Together we’ll be one step closer to reaching our goal of saving one million lives each year.

Little Blue said:
Together we’ll be one step closer to reaching our goal of saving one million lives each year.
How do they determine that number???

I've heard that the glycerin soaps can be put into flower beds and gardens as compost...not sure if that's true or not, but if it is, it might be well worth the shot

i would love to see this work. the homeless shelters i contacted said 'no way' to used bars of soap ... we threw out so much just in my little place ... full house, eight rooms, flip after flip!! i heard anecdotal evidence of it being a bad idea to use them myself so was reluctant.

What do they do with the stuff? Did I miss it in the article?
I hate the wasted soap. I am seriously considering getting one of those dispensers for the shower that has a few compartments - one for shampoo, conditioner , body wash and lotion. I already use pumps for hand soap at the sinks.
Does anyone have any creative ideas for used soap?
What are your thoughts on putting the leftover shampoo into the hand soap dispenser? Is it would be tacky ? or gross? or is it ecological? and economical?

I hate the wasted soap. I am seriously considering getting one of those dispensers for the shower that has a few compartments - one for shampoo, conditioner , body wash and lotion. I already use pumps for hand soap at the sinks.
What are your thoughts on putting the leftover shampoo into the hand soap dispenser? Is it would be tacky ? or gross? or is it ecological? and economical?.
The article write up told how they flew the soap to the needy in Haiti
Great idea..
RIki

What are your thoughts on putting the leftover shampoo into the hand soap dispenser? Is it would be tacky ? or gross? or is it ecological? and economical?.
Lots of people melt down used soap and make it into new reusable bars. This link describes how they do it for poverty relief in Uganda. If you google 'recycling soap' you'll find lots of do-it-yourself instructions.
I don't think I would feel comfortable giving recycled soap to guests, personally.

When I was the hotel manager, we donated our used amenities to the local "Goodwill Inn", who distributed them to their residents and to a local domestic abuse shelter for women and children. They were always very happy when I would call them with a load to drop off.

Back