As the snow melts...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in the northeast where we had a major ice storm in December. Thousands of limbs broke from the trees and littered the roads. My dh and I were able to move most of them from our property to the side of the road where the town will come to chip them (maybe? hopefully?). When they were covered with snow no one even noticed the huge white pile. But now that the snow has melted it's a holy eyesore! We've decided to wait until the end of March and if the town doesn't come by then we will do it ourselves. It really looks terrible with a 10' high X 100 ft. long pile of branches and sticks along our property. But, it's snowing right now so maybe they will be covered again for a while
regular_smile.gif
. You have to love this New England weather; 60 yesterday, snowing today!.
Did you mention where in New England because you're describing my weather!
I'm in MA. Where are you?
Country Girl said:
I'm in ME (northern MA, to hear the locals joke!)
We're practically neighbors!
regular_smile.gif
Isn't the weather grand!?
Country Girl said:
regular_smile.gif
Right now it's gray, cold and snowy. YESTERDAY was grand!

I live in the northeast where we had a major ice storm in December. Thousands of limbs broke from the trees and littered the roads. My dh and I were able to move most of them from our property to the side of the road where the town will come to chip them (maybe? hopefully?). When they were covered with snow no one even noticed the huge white pile. But now that the snow has melted it's a holy eyesore! We've decided to wait until the end of March and if the town doesn't come by then we will do it ourselves. It really looks terrible with a 10' high X 100 ft. long pile of branches and sticks along our property. But, it's snowing right now so maybe they will be covered again for a while
regular_smile.gif
Country Girl said:
regular_smile.gif
Country Girl said:
regular_smile.gif
I'm looking out at the NEW 5" of snow in my yard, cup of tea in hand, chocolate nearby, and wondering whether I should shovel or wait until my dh comes home.
embaressed_smile.gif
Yesterday the two of us raked for 3 hours in the glorious sun. I don't want to shovel anymore. Luckily he has a tractor with a snow blower attachment that he loves. I guess I should let him have his fun....

It was 79 here in N. Georgia today and HOT. We were outside for awhile and had to go in....I'm never ready for the heat & humidity to get here
confused_smile.gif

It was 79 here in N. Georgia today and HOT. We were outside for awhile and had to go in....I'm never ready for the heat & humidity to get here
confused_smile.gif
GeorgiaGirl said:
confused_smile.gif
This was yesterday at 80 degrees. Since we are in the mountains, we have low humidity except about one week in August. cut n paste [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]http://i40.tinypic.com/mm4ua0.jpg[/COLOR]

regular_smile.gif
Country Girl said:
regular_smile.gif
Country Girl said:
regular_smile.gif
77F today and bee-you-ti-full! The trees are getting ready to pop out front!

Latest posts

Back