Aye yai yai

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not long ago we had a last min. booking with a child on an otherwise empty night and they requested an early breakfast. It was not until I woke up that I realized we did not have milk. Rushed DH to the grocery store only to find out that NONE of them opened until 8, so he stopped at a conv. store. The irony is that they were CHEAPer than either of the gro. stores on the milk. You never know!!!.
I always keep some of the shelf-stable milk on hand for such a case. The milk holds for a full year with no refrigeration. Same thing with almond milk and soy milk. You just never know when you'll need it!

I did the same thing this morning. I think my husband probably finished them off and then forgot to tell me. *doh* I had 2 rooms this morning that reserved last night, so I hadn't really planned on having guests. I had breakfast due at 7am when the store doesn't open until 7! arg! Luckily I had everything I needed to make my baked oatmeal but from now on I'll be doing a nightly inventory.

I did the same thing this morning. I think my husband probably finished them off and then forgot to tell me. *doh* I had 2 rooms this morning that reserved last night, so I hadn't really planned on having guests. I had breakfast due at 7am when the store doesn't open until 7! arg! Luckily I had everything I needed to make my baked oatmeal but from now on I'll be doing a nightly inventory..
Baked oatmeal is my go-to breakfast also. Used the last of my "bargain" red raspberries so will now have to buy some. Darn!!!

I did the same thing this morning. I think my husband probably finished them off and then forgot to tell me. *doh* I had 2 rooms this morning that reserved last night, so I hadn't really planned on having guests. I had breakfast due at 7am when the store doesn't open until 7! arg! Luckily I had everything I needed to make my baked oatmeal but from now on I'll be doing a nightly inventory..
Baked oatmeal is my go-to breakfast also. Used the last of my "bargain" red raspberries so will now have to buy some. Darn!!!
Mmmm....raspberries would be good. I normally use apples or blueberries. I love how versatile this recipe is, it's so easy to change for what you have on hand and what's in season.

Mmmm....raspberries would be good. I normally use apples or blueberries. I love how versatile this recipe is, it's so easy to change for what you have on hand and what's in season.
Mine is done in a loaf pan like a pineapple upside down cake. The blackberies, red raspberries, and blueberries are in the bottom of the pan with the oatmeal mix on top (I also put chopped dates IN the oatmeal) and then it is flipped over onto the platter. I have vanilla yogurt on the side to be slathered over the oatmeal.

Back