B&B helpful hints for guests.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Confirmation says ...come around to the front door and ring bell. There they go wandering all over the property. Seriousely if you have ever been here you know there is absolutely no cofusion as to what the FRONT of this house vs the back looks like.
Front - trees along the front, sidewalk, big porch, tall eaves, beveled glass main door with transom, a stairway leading up to the front that follows a pathway to the main entry.
Then the back.
Let me stick a photo or two on here. It is just strange to me that people cannot seem to fathom the difference.
Okay you tell me which is the front and which is the back...
front.jpg

front2.jpg

front3.jpg

Back.jpg

Confirmation says ...come around to the front door and ring bell. There they go wandering all over the property. Seriousely if you have ever been here you know there is absolutely no cofusion as to what the FRONT of this house vs the back looks like.
Front - trees along the front, sidewalk, big porch, tall eaves, beveled glass main door with transom, a stairway leading up to the front that follows a pathway to the main entry.
Then the back.
Let me stick a photo or two on here. It is just strange to me that people cannot seem to fathom the difference.
front.jpg

front2.jpg

front3.jpg

Back.jpg
They're lazy. They don't want to walk up the steps to the front door!
By the way, it looks beautiful!

Then the back.
front.jpg

front2.jpg

front3.jpg

Back.jpg
I have a large sign (legible from the sidewalk) that has a finger pointing around the corner [Please use side door]. I think this is the only sign that actually works.
You might consider that for your personal door. I realize there is something on your door, but it's too far away to read. Big sign. Finger pointing. B&B entrance around the corner. (Can they get to the front door from this door?)

I have another helpful hint...if you leave your sopping, wringing wet towel on the bed, you will be sleeping in that tonight. I am not changing the mattress pad, sheets, blanket and quilt if this is what you are used to. I want you to feel at home.

Then the back.
front.jpg

front2.jpg

front3.jpg

Back.jpg
I have a large sign (legible from the sidewalk) that has a finger pointing around the corner [Please use side door]. I think this is the only sign that actually works.
You might consider that for your personal door. I realize there is something on your door, but it's too far away to read. Big sign. Finger pointing. B&B entrance around the corner. (Can they get to the front door from this door?)
Alibi Ike said:
Big sign. Finger pointing. B&B entrance around the corner. (Can they get to the front door from this door?)
I like the idea of giving them a finger (oops did I just type that?) ha ha We often do as they press their faces to the glass and look in while we eat. The aquarium family.
Oh it doesn't matter, it is just always amazing to me. If I put a finger to the right they will climb through the bushes and not go up onto the porch.
It is just one of those things, like guests who use the BIG electric kettle which is NOT NEAR THE COFFEE AT ALL< it is 20 paces away, thinking it is creamer? When there is creamer right next to it. I still cannot work that one out. HOW? How could you think a kettle is the creamer?

Then the back.
front.jpg

front2.jpg

front3.jpg

Back.jpg
Alibi Ike said:
Big sign. Finger pointing. B&B entrance around the corner. (Can they get to the front door from this door?)
I like the idea of giving them a finger (oops did I just type that?) ha ha We often do as they press their faces to the glass and look in while we eat. The aquarium family.
Oh it doesn't matter, it is just always amazing to me. If I put a finger to the right they will climb through the bushes and not go up onto the porch.
It is just one of those things, like guests who use the BIG electric kettle which is NOT NEAR THE COFFEE AT ALL< it is 20 paces away, thinking it is creamer? When there is creamer right next to it. I still cannot work that one out. HOW? How could you think a kettle is the creamer?
Joey Bloggs said:
How could you think a kettle is the creamer?
Here, too. It's big. It's heavy. It's HOT. Why would you think it's creamer?
Not to mention they have to reach across the pint bottle of cream to get to it!

Then the back.
front.jpg

front2.jpg

front3.jpg

Back.jpg
Sorry, but this one's dead easy - they're avoiding the stairs!

Then the back.
front.jpg

front2.jpg

front3.jpg

Back.jpg
NW Natterbug said:
Nope
The parking is behind the inn same level, there is no parking on the street out front.
Here is the very unglamourous back yard and fence, they come through and then wander around out HERE, vs going to the front door. Or following the path that leads them to the front door. Yes, there is a path. haha Again, confirmation states "after parking in rear please go to the main entrance/front door and ring bell"
It's not all our guests, thankfully. I guess I laugh at this aloud as I have heard this happening at some of your inns and to those I have actually been to there is no reason to go anywhere except the front door at your inn. So I walk in a guest's shoes, and am still baffled. I wonder how many on this forum have a PRIVATE SIGN and a USE MAIN ENTRANCE on all other doors at the inn? Probably most.
lrg_a_lg_yard.jpg

Then the back.
front.jpg

front2.jpg

front3.jpg

Back.jpg
Alibi Ike said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Alibi Ike said:
Oh my, thanks for giving me a belly laugh about giving them the finger and the aquarium family...you're hilarious!!

Then the back.
front.jpg

front2.jpg

front3.jpg

Back.jpg
NW Natterbug said:
Nope
The parking is behind the inn same level, there is no parking on the street out front.
Here is the very unglamourous back yard and fence, they come through and then wander around out HERE, vs going to the front door. Or following the path that leads them to the front door. Yes, there is a path. haha Again, confirmation states "after parking in rear please go to the main entrance/front door and ring bell"
It's not all our guests, thankfully. I guess I laugh at this aloud as I have heard this happening at some of your inns and to those I have actually been to there is no reason to go anywhere except the front door at your inn. So I walk in a guest's shoes, and am still baffled. I wonder how many on this forum have a PRIVATE SIGN and a USE MAIN ENTRANCE on all other doors at the inn? Probably most.
lrg_a_lg_yard.jpg

We do not have signs on any of the 'extraneous' doors. The guest room with the exterior door or our door. The signs are on the doors where you should go and where you might go if you were a walk-in.
Yes, guests DO peer in at my screen door. They see junk. They know better than to come in there!
Here's what we said we would do last year and what we are definitely doing after we reseal the driveway...we are painting 'dancing feet' on the tar. 'Walk this way...' (And believe me, I do want to swap out the left foot for the right!) I'd love to have a little sign with Igor (my name is Eye-gor) 'walk THIS way'.

Back