B & B Turnover

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooops! Don't know what happened to my post.
Love reading your posts. Makes me feel very excited about doing this. Keep them coming, the good and the bad. Thanks!
We are looking primarily in ME, NH and VT and WA. WA and BC are absolutely beautiful. I am a bit fearful that it will be too hard being on the opposite coast from my family and that the rain will get to me. I love rain, but sometimes enough is enough...I'll check out that link Muirford, thanks.
We live on Cape Cod now and love it, but are ready for a big change. The landscape here gets boring after a while. We're ready to see some mountains! Being near the water is high on the list, but the season may be too short and properties are expensive.
We will both be working the B&B full time. We have talked to innkeepers who say 5 rooms or more are needed to support the business and give you a bit additional. Supporting itself is a must, at least before too long. Extra income will be greatly appreciated though.

Ooops! Don't know what happened to my post.
Love reading your posts. Makes me feel very excited about doing this. Keep them coming, the good and the bad. Thanks!
We are looking primarily in ME, NH and VT and WA. WA and BC are absolutely beautiful. I am a bit fearful that it will be too hard being on the opposite coast from my family and that the rain will get to me. I love rain, but sometimes enough is enough...I'll check out that link Muirford, thanks.
We live on Cape Cod now and love it, but are ready for a big change. The landscape here gets boring after a while. We're ready to see some mountains! Being near the water is high on the list, but the season may be too short and properties are expensive.
We will both be working the B&B full time. We have talked to innkeepers who say 5 rooms or more are needed to support the business and give you a bit additional. Supporting itself is a must, at least before too long. Extra income will be greatly appreciated though..
5 rooms are MINIMUM...if you are in a good location, location, location..it might be enough if you can get a high occupancy. You must work it full time...so don't look in a seasonal location..UNLESS you can fill it and are good at handling money for the off season. Someone working a "normal" job could be a MUST for awhile unless you all have a great nest egg. Who will pay for health insurance???? Do you have children to care for and worry about???? School etc etc.

Back