B&B vs. Hotel Stay

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I make my beds, I put the top of the top sheet a foot beyond the head of the bed, bring the duvet all the way up to the head of the bed, and fold the foot of excess top sheet down over the duvet. Then I double that over and put the pillows on top of it.
So when they remove the pillows at bedtime, the bed is already turned down a foot, with the top of the duvet well enclosed in a double fold of top sheet. They'd have to do a lot of work to open it up to sleep on TOP of the top sheet.
But as some might suggest, better add a rule about that to the book just in case somebody MIGHT do it some day ;-)
The lesson. Don't wait until one or two people do it. Preempt them with rules for every possible thing! Maybe one that says you can check out any time you want, but you can never leave (welcome to the Hotel California).

When I make my beds, I put the top of the top sheet a foot beyond the head of the bed, bring the duvet all the way up to the head of the bed, and fold the foot of excess top sheet down over the duvet. Then I double that over and put the pillows on top of it.
So when they remove the pillows at bedtime, the bed is already turned down a foot, with the top of the duvet well enclosed in a double fold of top sheet. They'd have to do a lot of work to open it up to sleep on TOP of the top sheet.
But as some might suggest, better add a rule about that to the book just in case somebody MIGHT do it some day ;-)
The lesson. Don't wait until one or two people do it. Preempt them with rules for every possible thing! Maybe one that says you can check out any time you want, but you can never leave (welcome to the Hotel California)..
Arkansawyer said:
But they have no effort at all sleeping on top of the duvet.

The lesson. Don't wait until one or two people do it. Preempt them with rules for every possible thing! Maybe one that says you can check out any time you want, but you can never leave (welcome to the Hotel California)..
Arkansawyer said:
copperhead said:
Can't argue with that, but I wash the duvet covers after each guest, so I don't care where they sleep if they take their shoes and makeup off.
Shoes aren't really a problem, though. Everybody knows we don't wear shoes in Arkansas!

Back