B & Bs For Vets 2022

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
We are now asking for participants in the 2022 B & Bs for Vets. Sadly 2021 did not have enough participation to get ANY (OK, not much) notice.

What will I get out of this?

• Free publicity in local papers, in Social Media, and publicity/Social Media generated by ALP (IF we get enough participants for Media to pick it up)
  • Publicity YOU can generate on YOUR Social Media and local news outlets (AND via your local VFW, American Legion)
  • Name recognition from Veterans traveling
  • Being on the B & Bs For Vets site with your offer for Vets all year (another place for the bots to find you)
  • An indescribable feeling of warmth when the Vets thank you for your generosity

How much will this cost me?

• An innkeeper did the expense math for her inn - $22 in expenses for each room night
  • Your food, laundry, utility expenses are already line item deductions on your Taxes
  • You SAVE on marketing costs – the program, IF enough participate, will give you marketing and publicity
Just go to B&Bs for Vets to participate.

IF you participated in 2021, check out www.bandbsforvets.org to see if it is correct for 2022, then fill out the above form.

To get the Media attention this will require, we need participants. All we ask is for a minimum of 1 room for 1 night - totally free, no strings.

We will definitely be participating again this year - it was great last year - such a wonderful group of guests, we thoroughly enjoyed them all and so happy to give back to those who serve in our armed forces. We donated one free weekend and one free night also, in our other rooms, which worked out beautifully. We offer a 10% discount to veterans and first responders 365 days a year which is also popular (I have family who have served). We are in Chincoteague, Va very near a naval base in Norfolk so this is a good fit for us. Thanks for organizing this again!

did you reach out to the veterans admin pr department regarding PR? I have a good friend who used to work there (also at the pentagon) if that would be helpful btw.

We will definitely be participating again this year - it was great last year - such a wonderful group of guests, we thoroughly enjoyed them all and so happy to give back to those who serve in our armed forces. We donated one free weekend and one free night also, in our other rooms, which worked out beautifully. We offer a 10% discount to veterans and first responders 365 days a year which is also popular (I have family who have served). We are in Chincoteague, Va very near a naval base in Norfolk so this is a good fit for us. Thanks for organizing this again!

did you reach out to the veterans admin pr department regarding PR? I have a good friend who used to work there (also at the pentagon) if that would be helpful btw.

Not yet. We need to get a LOT more B & Bs participating before we start the PR. Will contact you when we are ready to go public to the troops. THANK YOU!!

We are now asking for participants in the 2022 B & Bs for Vets. Sadly 2021 did not have enough participation to get ANY (OK, not much) notice.

What will I get out of this?

• Free publicity in local papers, in Social Media, and publicity/Social Media generated by ALP (IF we get enough participants for Media to pick it up)
  • Publicity YOU can generate on YOUR Social Media and local news outlets (AND via your local VFW, American Legion)
  • Name recognition from Veterans traveling
  • Being on the B & Bs For Vets site with your offer for Vets all year (another place for the bots to find you)
  • An indescribable feeling of warmth when the Vets thank you for your generosity

we participated last year. We gave 4 rooms for 2 nights each. What a wonderful way of giving back. i have never enjoyed a group of guests as much as I do our Vets. It is an easy way of giving back. We will be participating again this year. ❤️
How much will this cost me?

• An innkeeper did the expense math for her inn - $22 in expenses for each room night
  • Your food, laundry, utility expenses are already line item deductions on your Taxes
  • You SAVE on marketing costs – the program, IF enough participate, will give you marketing and publicity
Just go to B&Bs for Vets to participate.

IF you participated in 2021, check out www.bandbsforvets.org to see if it is correct for 2022, then fill out the above form.

To get the Media attention this will require, we need participants. All we ask is for a minimum of 1 room for 1 night - totally free, no strings.

We haven't decided yet.
We've had some great experiences with B&B for Vets, and met some wonderful people. But the past few years experiences have been a little ... let's say less rewarding.
We'll be thinking about it over the next month or so, and our board will vote on it. Since I get one vote and my SO has 7, we'll see how it goes!

Back