Bathrobes

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We only put robes in the room with the detached bath.
I'm surprised to hear that everyone provides robes in all rooms. I guess I'd better think about that..
TheBeachHouse said:
I'm surprised to hear that everyone provides robes in all rooms. I guess I'd better think about that.

I am surprised as well. I do not. I did for the first year or so, and when discovered two robes is a complete load that took forever to dry, stopped doing it. I do what I would expect when I travel - and I don't expect (nor want) a bathrobe. I just lounge in my tshirt and shorts.
BananaE29 said:
TheBeachHouse said:
I'm surprised to hear that everyone provides robes in all rooms. I guess I'd better think about that.

I am surprised as well. I do not. I did for the first year or so, and when discovered two robes is a complete load that took forever to dry, stopped doing it. I do what I would expect when I travel - and I don't expect (nor want) a bathrobe. I just lounge in my tshirt and shorts.
Oh good. I feel better. The ones we have in the one room are really plush. I love them. I think they make up for the 'bath down the hall."
TheBeachHouse said:
Oh good. I feel better. The ones we have in the one room are really plush. I love them. I think they make up for the 'bath down the hall."
Yes, definitely if the bath is separate from the room, you want robes.

I'm surprised to hear that everyone provides robes in all rooms. I guess I'd better think about that..
TheBeachHouse said:

BananaE29 said:
TheBeachHouse said:

That's exactly why we stopped putting the plush robes out in the summer when we are really busy.
You might be surprised how nice the waffle weave robes are.... most of our guests use them even with the ensuite bathroom. These robes dry quickly in the dryer, or on the line if you hang out your sheets.
Silverspoon said:
That's exactly why we stopped putting the plush robes out in the summer when we are really busy.
You might be surprised how nice the waffle weave robes are.... most of our guests use them even with the ensuite bathroom. These robes dry quickly in the dryer, or on the line if you hang out your sheets.
Those are what we use also. Probably 90% of our guests use them. Logo is embroidered on left chest. Our guests love them.

TheBeachHouse said:
By providing robes, it automatically upgrades the guest's experience with you. Only luxury hotels offer guests robes. Sets you apart from the chain hotels.

We need new robes here. I buy them from time to time and don't like them, they are either way too long to dry or they pill forever. IF I had started out with the best quality expensive ones I bet they would be in great shape today, but I didn't.

I just sold two this morning! We put a 100% markup on them..
Spill.... where do you get yours?
We are using 100% microfibre (yeah, polyester) but they are VERY soft, wash well and dry extremely quickly. But maybe it's time to offer them for sale?

We are using 100% microfibre (yeah, polyester) but they are VERY soft, wash well and dry extremely quickly. But maybe it's time to offer them for sale?
Jon Sable said:
(yeah, polyester) but they are VERY soft, wash well and dry extremely quickly.
Sounds just like mine. I sell a couple a month. Have had a few couples that bought the polyester one for her and the waffle robe (thinner, cooler) for him. Both dry very quickly.

Jon Sable said:
We get them Here.
We haven't ordered for a couple of years because they have a 24 minimum order so I don't know what they cost. We're now down to 4, so I'll be ordering again.We get the diamond waffle blended 64" sweep. They're very roomy and fits most, even big guys. Embroidery is very inexpensive if you can send them in a file their machines read. Since we had ours already on a file, we didn't have to pay setup charges.
Turkish towels also has the same product. Compare prices. With both companies, you have to contact them for their wholesale prices.
Since we deliver breakfast to the room, we get more stains than most b&bs (coffee, berries, etc.), so we don't invest in the expensive microfiber robes, but I love those too!
Also, with most of these companies, they will send you a sample robe (no embroidery).

I found a micro fiber and love how soft they feel. how easy they wash up and how fast they dry! wow But I also have a terry lined one with a waffle on the out side fabric. to long to dry. I keep all my bathrobes in white for men and women. I used to have a heavy terry BUT ! it was too hot for here.
No we had a lots of things walk away. But touch wood not a bath robe.

Terry interior lining with a waffle weave exterior - lots of use - none taken in ten years

Back