Beach session

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
Group of three women. They book a room with one king bed and one day bed. Not that unusual, but tight. These women are in their 60’s. Do they really want to share one room? They are our only guests for three nights. That is VERY rare and we told them that. In a nice, “ aren’t you lucky, good timing” kind of way.

They partied and left wine glasses and trash each night in the common room. Not a big issue, we are happy they are happy.

Husband picked them up at the train and dropped them off there after the visit. They had a nephew in to visit who had coffee and used the bathroom. Needed more bottled water, wondered why no shower cap in the bathroom, do we have a different bread for toast....

None of these things are alarming. I just didn’t warm up to them.

They left their room a mess! Water bottles on the wood tables, bottle caps on the floor, dirty coffee cups, tons of trash.

The punch line? Yes, no tip. Oh well, like I said, it wasn’t one thing, just the sum of the individual things. Buh- buh!

Last edited:
So disrespectful. Only explanation that comes to mind is - HOTEL PEOPLE

I have friends like this. It’s embarrassing to go places with them. Even shopping is not fun because they will just leave things on the floor (think boxes of shoes) or thrown over the rack instead of putting them back ‘nicely.’

They also critique everything at a restaurant. Explain to the server (who really has nothing to do with it) that they should carry some obscure type of tea.

And, yes, lousy tippers.

I’m getting picky in my old age. We have a 24 hour coffee station. Always on. During most of the day, we provide a creamer filled with mini-moos for all day coffee. At breakfast, I hide the mini-moos and provide a pitcher of half & half with a small sign identifying it as half & half. This woman searches for the mini-moos instead of using my fresh half & half. I got annoyed. I was pleased to see her husband say, why not just use the cream?

Still, a small thing, but, like I said, getting my curmudgeon on.

I’m getting picky in my old age. We have a 24 hour coffee station. Always on. During most of the day, we provide a creamer filled with mini-moos for all day coffee. At breakfast, I hide the mini-moos and provide a pitcher of half & half with a small sign identifying it as half & half. This woman searches for the mini-moos instead of using my fresh half & half. I got annoyed. I was pleased to see her husband say, why not just use the cream?

Still, a small thing, but, like I said, getting my curmudgeon on.
So, the interesting thing about this, having watched it happen for years, is she didn’t see the pitcher with the half and half. Seriously. Even if she looked right at it, it did not register. In her head, mini moos were what she had to find. Pre-caffeination most coffee drinkers cannot function.

I also can’t tell you how many guests picked up the clearly labeled half and half and poured most of the pitcher on their cereal.

So, the interesting thing about this, having watched it happen for years, is she didn’t see the pitcher with the half and half. Seriously. Even if she looked right at it, it did not register. In her head, mini moos were what she had to find. Pre-caffeination most coffee drinkers cannot function.

I also can’t tell you how many guests picked up the clearly labeled half and half and poured most of the pitcher on their cereal.

Hahahahaha. I honestly think it’s a sign of where they generally dine. Some restaurants offer mini-moos tossed on the table. Some offer cream in a pitcher.

Back