Before I Became An Innkeeper, I Never Knew...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We host many international guests, so before I became an innkeeper I never knew....that most people, no matter what part of the world they are from, what religion they are, what ethnicity they are, are kind, loving, generous, interesting, and that pretty much everyone shares the same hopes and dreams for themselves and their children, and most want "peace on earth".

We host many international guests, so before I became an innkeeper I never knew....that most people, no matter what part of the world they are from, what religion they are, what ethnicity they are, are kind, loving, generous, interesting, and that pretty much everyone shares the same hopes and dreams for themselves and their children, and most want "peace on earth"..
Country Girl said:
We host many international guests, so before I became an innkeeper I never knew....that most people, no matter what part of the world they are from, what religion they are, what ethnicity they are, are kind, loving, generous, interesting, and that pretty much everyone shares the same hopes and dreams for themselves and their children, and most want "peace on earth".
I am liking your post....:)

We host many international guests, so before I became an innkeeper I never knew....that most people, no matter what part of the world they are from, what religion they are, what ethnicity they are, are kind, loving, generous, interesting, and that pretty much everyone shares the same hopes and dreams for themselves and their children, and most want "peace on earth"..
Country Girl said:
Copperhead said:
Country Girl said:
Me too
heart.gif

I never would have thought people would blow their nose on shower curtains. Someone here posted that and I was blown (so to speak) over by this. I have not had this happen but someone one eles must have.

I didn't know so many people clipped their nails when they are away. Or maybe the other half forces them too so they don't get sliced up? Just thinking out loud.

pfffft! I can beat that.
Ever had someone color their hair and use your white towels?
I believe that unless something is owned by a person, they couldn't care less about it.

I never knew that people could spatter so much water at a sink....gulley washers in the glossary, I think.

Country Girl said:
Copperhead said:
Country Girl said:
Me too
heart.gif

The Farmers Daughter said:
Copperhead said:
Country Girl said:
Me too
heart.gif
Me, three :)

Before I became an Innkeeper, I never knew how hard it was to keep from gaining weight. Ugggh...I fight it daily,....but I hate to waste food...its a vicious cycle..
Before I became an Innkeeper, I never knew how hard it was to keep from gaining weight. Ugggh...I fight it daily,....but I hate to waste food...its a vicious cycle.
Here's my mantra..."I am not a human garbage disposal".
Breakfast Diva said:
Before I became an Innkeeper, I never knew how hard it was to keep from gaining weight. Ugggh...I fight it daily,....but I hate to waste food...its a vicious cycle.
I should adopt that one. Today I made puffed pancakes with a mixed berry sauce. It makes 4 and we only had 3 guests. Guess who ate the 4th
sad_smile.gif

JeannineIrish said:
Breakfast Diva said:
I should adopt that one. Today I made puffed pancakes with a mixed berry sauce. It makes 4 and we only had 3 guests. Guess who ate the 4th
sad_smile.gif
While the guests dined away on DWs gourmet breakfast, I had Cheerios with sliced banana and two blood pressure pills.
cry_smile.gif

Proud Texan said:
JeannineIrish said:
Breakfast Diva said:
sad_smile.gif
While the guests dined away on DWs gourmet breakfast, I had Cheerios with sliced banana and two blood pressure pills.
cry_smile.gif
Most mornings I do have cereal with bananas & plain yogurt rather than milk. My long time guests from Amsterdam go me hooked on plain yogurt on cereal.
JeannineIrish said:
Proud Texan said:
JeannineIrish said:
Breakfast Diva said:
sad_smile.gif
cry_smile.gif
Most mornings I do have cereal with bananas & plain yogurt rather than milk. My long time guests from Amsterdam go me hooked on plain yogurt on cereal.
Any kind of cereal or ones more like granola??

I never knew that people could spatter so much water at a sink....gulley washers in the glossary, I think..
Samster said:
I never knew that people could spatter so much water at a sink....gulley washers in the glossary, I think.
That's cuz they wash their face without a washcloth, just water.
=)
Kk.

I never knew that a king-sized bed with a footboard was such a PITA to make.
Or that lipstick could stay on a cup after being washed in the dishwasher.
=)
Kk.

I never knew how patient I really was, or how handy D. really is!

I never knew how patient I really was, or how handy D. really is!.
Little Blue said:
I never knew how patient I really was, or how handy D. really is!
I will second that last part! DH is an engineer so I knew he had a practical mind, but he really has known how to fix everything that's come up here. I'd be sunk if I were on my own, I'd have to call a repair person for every little thing.
Before we became innkeepers I had never planted so much as a pot...we inherited extensive gardens and the PO was nice enough to leave me a garden journal that told me what everything was and how to care for it. That in combination with my mother--in-law's green thumb has taught me so much in the past few years. And I realized that I love gardening, nice perk!
Except I still have not managed that Martha Stewart thing where you work in the yard all day and are still fresh enough to greet your guests when they arrive. When I am having a "play in the dirt" day, DH knows he has to man the home front because I am not fit for polite interaction, covered in mud.

Before I became an Innkeeper, I never knew how hard it was to keep from gaining weight. Ugggh...I fight it daily,....but I hate to waste food...its a vicious cycle..
Breakfast Diva said:
sad_smile.gif

JeannineIrish said:
Breakfast Diva said:
sad_smile.gif
cry_smile.gif

Proud Texan said:
JeannineIrish said:
Breakfast Diva said:
sad_smile.gif
cry_smile.gif
JeannineIrish said:
Proud Texan said:
JeannineIrish said:
Breakfast Diva said:
sad_smile.gif
cry_smile.gif
GeorgiaGirl said:
[/quote] I usually have General Foods "Basic 4". I call it nuts and twigs.

Back