Ben @$!#ing Gay

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
DO NOT travel with this stuff!!!!!! Everyone knows exactly where it's coming from, you're not imagining those GLARES you're getting. Why would you use this noxious stuff in someone else's house? There are literally dozens of unscented alternatives, FIND ONE.

I totally agree!!!!! That stuff soaks into anything and everything it not only touches, but is anywhere near. I think it's got a half life of nuclear waste!

I do not travel much so I guess it is OK. Ben is my close buddy for most of the winter. And yes, I DO know my perfume is Eau d'Bengay. I have yet to find anything without the wonderful fumes that will work on either my congested self OR my aching muscles. For me it beats Vi ck's Va po..... I can understand why. I can't breathe!!!

I do not travel much so I guess it is OK. Ben is my close buddy for most of the winter. And yes, I DO know my perfume is Eau d'Bengay. I have yet to find anything without the wonderful fumes that will work on either my congested self OR my aching muscles. For me it beats Vi ck's Va po..... I can understand why. I can't breathe!!!.
K: Biofreeze gel. It still has a slight odor but much less than BG, it penetrates faster and in addition to giving you topical relief it also contains an herb which is anti-inflammatory so that absorbs right into the muscles or joints and works really quickly. A lot of out patient physical therapy and chiropractic clinics sell this, pharmacies can order it for you and you can probably find it online as well.
Sorry for the rant and obviously sorry for anyone who is in pain. But this guest used so much that MY QUARTERS were filled with the scent (and there is no direct connection from her room to my area, so this was just wafting everywhere), it was so strong my eyes were watering. I felt very sorry for their room neighbors, and there is absolutely nothing you can do except wait for the smell to dissipate.

confession, I actually like the smell. Not at the breakfast table, but it doesn't bother me.

Voltaren... over the counter in Canada and a lot more effective than any of the smelly creams.

I do not travel much so I guess it is OK. Ben is my close buddy for most of the winter. And yes, I DO know my perfume is Eau d'Bengay. I have yet to find anything without the wonderful fumes that will work on either my congested self OR my aching muscles. For me it beats Vi ck's Va po..... I can understand why. I can't breathe!!!.
K: Biofreeze gel. It still has a slight odor but much less than BG, it penetrates faster and in addition to giving you topical relief it also contains an herb which is anti-inflammatory so that absorbs right into the muscles or joints and works really quickly. A lot of out patient physical therapy and chiropractic clinics sell this, pharmacies can order it for you and you can probably find it online as well.
Sorry for the rant and obviously sorry for anyone who is in pain. But this guest used so much that MY QUARTERS were filled with the scent (and there is no direct connection from her room to my area, so this was just wafting everywhere), it was so strong my eyes were watering. I felt very sorry for their room neighbors, and there is absolutely nothing you can do except wait for the smell to dissipate.
BIOFREEZE !!!! YEAH...I have it on constantly. THe aroma dissapates...at least I think so...no one has complained to me. I couldn't make it without it! I buy in on Amazon..much cheaper than anywhere else.

After you get to a certain age, Bengay actually becomes an aphrodisiac.

Do you think it is bengay leaving a greasy or oily residue on my sheets that I can't get out?

Do you think it is bengay leaving a greasy or oily residue on my sheets that I can't get out?.
Mtatoc said:
Do you think it is bengay leaving a greasy or oily residue on my sheets that I can't get out?
DEFINITELY!
Joey Bloggs said:
Mtatoc said:
DEFINITELY!
We've quit trying to remove those kinds of stains ourselves and just take them to the dry cleaners. It's worth the time and effort.

I have some of that - samples my massage lady gave me. Have not tried it yet.
For me, Bennie is as much for my ability to actually breathe as anything else - especially in winter.

Back