Best or favorite quiche combination?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't made them in a while because I switched to frittatas and baked eggs in ramekins because I get lots of gluten free guests -- but these combos are awesome:
- Roasted Apples and Goat Cheese Quiche
- Carmelized Onion and Sharp Provolone Quiche (this is a guest favorite every time - very rich, lots of cream)!!!!

anything with meat in it.
The rest can be whatever I have on hand. Personally I put in jalapenos, gorgonzola, asparagus, onion, bacon, and oh did I mention bacon? Ham, italian sausage (crumbled, cooked and well drained), and more. Outside innkeeper loves mushrooms - canned or fresh. Canned = moisture, fresh = no moisture. bell pepper of orange and yellow variety go nice with red tomatoes, if i have a red bell I use orange tomatoes. Whatever I can to make ti colorful, but not green, those are too strong.

If I want green for color I use diced green onion. But oftentimes I use this scattered on the plate and over the potatoes, so it is either one or the other.
For tomatoes, if you use grape or pear tomatoes you won't have excess moisture. Cut them in half and I add them after the cheese on the top, so they don't sink down. It will wreak havoc when you try to slice if they are on the cutting line, so you need a gentle cut.
Helpful hint: for guests I use ranch as a nice binding between the eggs and milk and other items. I squeeze it in or blue cheese and Frank's red hot. Makes a nice texture.
Deep dish pie shell so you get a decent helping and it sits up nice on the plate. (Nope, I don't make my own crust,I can buy them ready to pour into and they are great)

This morning I made a frittata that was a big hit. I had grilled a piece of salmon the night before and had a nice chunk left over.
Grilled salmon, sautéed leeks, smoked gouda and fresh thyme. This would easily translate to a quiche.

TheBeachHouse said:
I'm a little worried about the wetness of the tomatoes.
Slice the tomatoes the night before, put them on some paper towels or tea towels, salt the tomatoes and let them sweat the water overnight.

I love fritattas.... I've surprised guests when they find out some of the things that I have used... leftover pasta works great in a fritatta... but so does left over fritatta. :)

Back