Bidet

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i stayed at tipsy's and LOVED that she has them. she may be able to tell you EXACTLY where to get supplies, etc. and can tell you about guest reaction and use.
i first saw them in italy ... and think they make a lot of sense.
stayed at the four seasons hotel i think it was ... years back ... in new york ... and they made a big deal of this accomodation along with 'seat warmers' and heated towel bars..
LOL. I'm so happy you liked it. I often wonder how many guests actually appreciate them. To be honest ... I get the most mileage not from the usage but from the "tales" and laughs I get to share with guests who I think can deal with stories with a little "ahem" ... color.
As to the real question, they have never (touch wood) needed repair so I've yet to delve into the question of where to get replacement parts.
xenbath.jpg

Tipsy, or anyone else please tell me if that's a bidet in the middle of the picture. The photo is from a B&B recently converted from a golden age mansion in southern Indiana. So the fixture is 100 years old in the home of a rich American industrialist. If I didn't know better, that one I probably would call a foot bath!

i stayed at tipsy's and LOVED that she has them. she may be able to tell you EXACTLY where to get supplies, etc. and can tell you about guest reaction and use.
stayed at the four seasons hotel i think it was ... years back ... in new york ... and they made a big deal of this accomodation along with 'seat warmers' and heated towel bars..
LOL. I'm so happy you liked it. I often wonder how many guests actually appreciate them. To be honest ... I get the most mileage not from the usage but from the "tales" and laughs I get to share with guests who I think can deal with stories with a little "ahem" ... color.
As to the real question, they have never (touch wood) needed repair so I've yet to delve into the question of where to get replacement parts.
xenbath.jpg

Tipsy, or anyone else please tell me if that's a bidet in the middle of the picture. The photo is from a B&B recently converted from a golden age mansion in southern Indiana. So the fixture is 100 years old in the home of a rich American industrialist. If I didn't know better, that one I probably would call a foot bath!
Wow - no, certainly not the kind of bidet that I am familiar with. It looks really, really cool though. I would love to know if you or anyone else identifies it. I think it's fascinating.

xenbath.jpg

Baby bath?

I think I recall a movie in Victorian England where they would pay to use these, but they had taller back rests on them and in a public bathhouse so they would drape the person with a canvas or cape or something. If I recall, they were the richer class who had these or used them in the public bathhouses. They were common place, maybe from riding horses...or not bathing often enough or any number of other things. I guess today we call them jacuzzis. haha

xenbath.jpg

Wow - no, certainly not the kind of bidet that I am familiar with. It looks really, really cool though. I would love to know if you or anyone else identifies it. I think it's fascinating.
I have seen something like that in a few historic homes we have toured..actually I think at the Biltmore in Asheville...but have no idea what it is either. Guess we have to do some detective work.
Hey here's a good alternative use for it:)
beerbidet.jpg

Yes a Sitz bath. When I was in College I worked in Physical Therapy Dept of a hospital and the sitz baths were for people that had just had a hemorrhoid operation. They cried alot and gladly times have changed for the better.Mary in Bwater.

Wow. That's a new fixture to me. Sitz Bath. My German hubby certainly was amused that it was a German-derived name.

xenbath.jpg

xenbath.jpg

Back