BnB for Vets TRIP ADVISOR review

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our Inn two rooms out this year, last year we had about four (owner was gracious to do this) so when one did not show and we called them they said they "forgot" that really made us mad cause we could have given the room to other vets that had called, then one didn't show up for breakfast-which isnt so bad but they could have said something.
So this year we only gave away two, we called to make sure that the ones that reserved to confirm their arrival both said of course we cant wait. One arrived and was really thankfull a wonderful couple. The other couple was older and they came in and i gave the tour and such, when they returned they informed us that "he wanted his bed and that they could'nt stay"-they did'nt live too far away-this made us mad cause we had just had a call last week about the stay. So next year we are only going to give away one night.
Its kind of sad that something this great gets tainted by a few selfish buttheads, but you have them in every corner from every place..
Because of no shows the first year, this year I sent out a reminder email a few days before. I could have given away rooms the day of if anyone didn't show up. But, they all came.
Personally, I think it's pretty rude to look around and decide to leave knowing you have no skin in it. I think that's one reason why PAII was telling innkeepers to get a cc number. Make the person think they DO have some skin in not showing up or deciding to leave.
You could state that there will be an $X charge if you are a no show and the money will go to a vet related charity like Help for Heros which helps soldiers who are injured with rehab and adapting their houses - at least then some good would come out of it.
I agree...great idea to have some kind of cancellation or no show policy where the money goes to a veterans charity. I can't believe how other veterans would take advantage of an innkeeper's generosity and then not show. Makes me sad...

Back