bo o king dot co m

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
Guest rang the bell and told us he had a reservation. Ummmmm, no you don't. "I just made it from my phone through b dot com."
"ohhhhhhh. Yeah, they haven't emailed me yet."
Site minder had closed the room off. They did their part. But b dot c hadn't let us know yet. DH went to b dot c website to confirm the reservation.
The best part was, we had seen the guy on the beach. He was patiently waiting for check in time and we got back to our house about 10 minutes before he rang the bell. (And in case you wonder, this is the second time this summer we had been to the beach. And it's 1/2 a block away and we only stayed an hour. And DH fell asleep. Been quite a summer!!)

I don't do the same day booking with them for this very reason. Sometimes there is a delay in the email and I want notice.

Glad you got to the beach. We all need that down time. Sounds like your DH fell under the spiel quickly!

I have five beaches within 3 miles of me.... I have been like maybe five times so far.

I don't take online bookings for today just in case we're out. A friend takes online bookings up to 12:00 which seems better as I do get a few phone-calls during the morning and as I'm invariably in until this time cleaning I'd see them come through.
Shame he didn't just come and knock on your door, would have saved you 15% :-(

I don't do the same day booking with them for this very reason. Sometimes there is a delay in the email and I want notice.

Glad you got to the beach. We all need that down time. Sounds like your DH fell under the spiel quickly!.
He was very much in need of a break. No phone, no kitchen chores. There is always something to do, so if you don't leave the house, you don't get the break.
Glad we had the chance.

Back