Booking button?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Booking is not going to charge a commission if I install a button on my website to lead my traffic to their site so the reservation goes thru them instead of me?
If the guest is already on my site why would I send them elsewhere to make their reservation?

Not everybody knows how to set up ResKey and similar.

Well, that just doesn't make any sense. What is their sales pitch on that one other than not charging you a fee?

or it means one less thing to update for those without a channel manager

Not everybody knows how to set up ResKey and similar..
Arks said:
I paid someone to do it!
Ice said:
I paid someone to do it!
I would guess that there are some people so "out there all alone" that they have no idea who they would even pay to set it up, or even that it CAN be set up.
If I hadn't had this group, I might have done the same. I'd know about hotel websites offering real time booking, but would figure only a huge company has the resources to offer that. So I might have offered people only a choice of a mailing address, phone number, or e-mail to make a reservation. [edited to add fax, don't forget the fax]
People trapped in that situation might be likely to jump at booking's offer to let them offer online bookings from their own website.

Many small property owners are lost with e-marketing (and even computers) and cannot hire someone to handle it. On the other side, Booking sales staff are very aware of the situation and extremely efficient, just like their company.
I find this button an absolute "No Go". But for how long will be have the choice?
See, even Marriott is doing it :
http://skift.com/2014/11/26/booking-coms-website-work-for-marriott-brands-is-sneak-peak-into-the-future/

Not everybody knows how to set up ResKey and similar..
Arks said:
I paid someone to do it!
Ice said:
I paid someone to do it!
I would guess that there are some people so "out there all alone" that they have no idea who they would even pay to set it up, or even that it CAN be set up.
If I hadn't had this group, I might have done the same. I'd know about hotel websites offering real time booking, but would figure only a huge company has the resources to offer that. So I might have offered people only a choice of a mailing address, phone number, or e-mail to make a reservation. [edited to add fax, don't forget the fax]
People trapped in that situation might be likely to jump at booking's offer to let them offer online bookings from their own website.
Arks said:
At first I thought "It's better to have online reservations though them than nothing at all" but then I remembered their interface. If you can figure out how to use that piece of junk then in the end it would be easier and cheaper to use Reskey

Back