Booking review

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you have the boo king com right to reply where you are?.
do you have the boo king com right to reply where you are?
I've seen some reviews with replies, but I've never worked out how to do it. Can you ?
you log into your account and press the see recent reviews button - then under each review is a box for your reply - there is a bit of a delay with posting them mind
you log into your account and press the see recent reviews button - then under each review is a box for your reply - there is a bit of a delay with posting them mind
Thanks for telling me where to look. I did, but no box. I have sent an email to my rep for assistance. I have noticed several times that not all properties are set up the same. This is a downfall to the company.

This is her answer to my email. Next time at the first problem I will show the contract/reservation, mine or of Booking.
Thank you for your communication. Clearly the error was on my part. However, let me explain how this might have happened. When I quoted my belief of the room cost as 110E you responded by defending the cost based on the booking.com charges. I clearly thought you were adjusting the cost after the fact. Had we looked at a copy of the original contract at that time I would have seen the problem. Something got lost in the translation. We would not want your lovely B&B to suffer from such a miscommunication.
I have already contacted booking.com and am waiting for a form that will delete the review and allow me to create a positive replacement. Please accept my apology and know that I will continue to follow this until the review is changed.
Again, we loved our stay at Al Porto and wish you and your wife success..
So glad you received a nice reply from the guest and now she understands. The world is so riddled with scams people are suspecting problems.
Yes, always have the booking.com reservation upon check in. I would have them sign it at check in confirming the rate etc. In fact, you should have something for them to sign acknowledging the rate at check in for all your guests and you have a signature in advance if they place an issue with their credit card issuer regarding the charge.

Fabulous! I'm so glad she took responsibility and is removing the review. Also, good job following up with her personally. WELL DONE!

This is her answer to my email. Next time at the first problem I will show the contract/reservation, mine or of Booking.
Thank you for your communication. Clearly the error was on my part. However, let me explain how this might have happened. When I quoted my belief of the room cost as 110E you responded by defending the cost based on the booking.com charges. I clearly thought you were adjusting the cost after the fact. Had we looked at a copy of the original contract at that time I would have seen the problem. Something got lost in the translation. We would not want your lovely B&B to suffer from such a miscommunication.
I have already contacted booking.com and am waiting for a form that will delete the review and allow me to create a positive replacement. Please accept my apology and know that I will continue to follow this until the review is changed.
Again, we loved our stay at Al Porto and wish you and your wife success..
So glad you received a nice reply from the guest and now she understands. The world is so riddled with scams people are suspecting problems.
Yes, always have the booking.com reservation upon check in. I would have them sign it at check in confirming the rate etc. In fact, you should have something for them to sign acknowledging the rate at check in for all your guests and you have a signature in advance if they place an issue with their credit card issuer regarding the charge.
copperhead said:
...always have the booking.com reservation upon check in. I would have them sign it at check in confirming the rate etc. In fact, you should have something for them to sign acknowledging the rate at check in for all your guests and you have a signature in advance if they place an issue with their credit card issuer regarding the charge.
Another lesson learned!

Observation - I can only respond to reviews where the guest has said they want a response. Just looked up the latest one and there is no space or link to write a comment. All the other reviews allowed for me to respond.

Down here in France, no way to post answer to reviews. Only have to wait 14 months for the review to be hidden. Bad for us.
Our price parity agreement in the contract is clearly defined and fenced but there is ample way to turn around it. Change cancellation conditions, exclude breakfast in bdc, membership...
I would strongly advise that you have higher prices on Bdc. Bdc have flourished in Europe thanks in major part to the rate parity. It is very important to let visitors know that Bdc have a cost and that they pay for it. The more the owners do it (and talk about it to guests), the more it undermines Bdc's progress.
Hotels in France have started a fight against this parity (700+ hotels have joined in just 3 month). Guests who join Fairbooking.com, will have free upgrade, breakfast or 5 to 10% discount.
A recent main channel TV investigation show have tried to show the cost of Bdc to consumers and to the country (no VAT of profit tax paid in France), the lies of the "recommended" sorting, the hotel name in adwords, ... and embarrassed the CEO with some nice (!) questions.
See my point in the comments (Tom) at http://bit.ly/13EvxKO
Banks here start to cut down the value of the goodwill of a hotel when most guests do not "belong" to them. When you retire, what if 80% of the customers belong to Expd or Bdc ? What goodwill will be left ?
Should you consider signing with them, try as much as possible, before signing, to have a written agreement from them not to use your hotel name (& hard work) in adwords and divert your visitors.

Back