Bouncing Emails

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrambled_eggs

Reaction score
I've been sending out a lot of confirmations lately and it seems that all the people who have an aol.com or sbcglobal.net are bouncing back to me. Anyone else having this problem with those service providers?

aol has some of the most tenacious blockers on the planet. If I am on the phone with people and they give me an aol email address I always warn them that the confirmation might trip aol's spam filter and if they don't receive it within the hour, to check their spam folder.

I have a gmail account that I will use to send guests with aol addresses. I also use it to send out to groups, because group mailings to a list are also targeted as spam, but somehow when they come from my gmail address it works better than when coming from mywebsite.com.

This is good information to know. I didn't know that about aol's spam blockers. I'm sending from a gmail address that is specifically for the b & b. It is just happening in the last few days for both of the internet companies. It often gives me this error for sbcglobal.net :
Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server.
for AOL it just says the user is unknown.

This is good information to know. I didn't know that about aol's spam blockers. I'm sending from a gmail address that is specifically for the b & b. It is just happening in the last few days for both of the internet companies. It often gives me this error for sbcglobal.net :
Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server.
for AOL it just says the user is unknown..
Oh, then those aren't being blocked as spam. :)

Back