Branding your B&B

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Bill,
I just posted about using Send Out Cards. Read my post here: https://www.innspiring.com/node/4572
Try putting their photos on the cards too. Did you send their brownies yet? They are incredible!
Jenny.
Innkeeping said:
Hi Bill,
I just posted about using Send Out Cards. Read my post here: https://www.innspiring.com/node/4572
Try putting their photos on the cards too. Did you send their brownies yet? They are incredible!
Jenny
Please stop posting on every thread you can with your pitch. You seem quite capable online, even though you feign to be new at this internet stuff. To be able to add an avatar is not beginner stuff. One thing I hate are liars! If you can post your product on one thread and be done with it, you might get some interest.
I already love this place. I'm told by one person I'm stupid for sending our cards and I mention brownies on another thread and I'm told I'm pitching and a liar. WOW! What a great group. I can't mention to Bill how I use the service he uses? Simply amazing people here. I post on a thread on a towel folding thread how I use towel folding and then on a marketing thread on how I market and I'm bashed from the start. I am new to the internet forum posting and sorry if I can type online and figure out how to post a photo. I'm new but not stupid Jo. How are you! How is adding a photo not beginner stuff? As far as I can tell everyone had one here. I'm new but not stupid. I'm so mad at the moment with this I'm turning red. Thanks everyone. What a welcome. Are there any nice people here?
Jenny

Hi Bill,
Jenny.
Innkeeping said:
Hi Bill,
Jenny
Please stop posting on every thread you can with your pitch. You seem quite capable online, even though you feign to be new at this internet stuff. To be able to add an avatar is not beginner stuff. One thing I hate are liars! If you can post your product on one thread and be done with it, you might get some interest.
I already love this place. I'm told by one person I'm stupid for sending our cards and I mention brownies on another thread and I'm told I'm pitching and a liar. WOW! What a great group. I can't mention to Bill how I use the service he uses? Simply amazing people here. I post on a thread on a towel folding thread how I use towel folding and then on a marketing thread on how I market and I'm bashed from the start. I am new to the internet forum posting and sorry if I can type online and figure out how to post a photo. I'm new but not stupid Jo. How are you! How is adding a photo not beginner stuff? As far as I can tell everyone had one here. I'm new but not stupid. I'm so mad at the moment with this I'm turning red. Thanks everyone. What a welcome. Are there any nice people here?
Jenny
I don't recall anyone saying your were STUPID!. If you took it that way, it is your problem. If you are new to forums than you need to know NOT to misinterpret what is said. Words are not like hearing a voice. Take some time to read through some of the other past posts before jumping in.
ANd, yes there are some AMAZING people here:)

Hi Bill,
Jenny.
You sent guests brownies??? why? That seems like a little extreme to me. I don't know of any guest I would take the time to send brownies much less the expense of it. Sorry:-(
I'm floored to be honest with you. You posted on my other topic you thought $1 for a follow-up was too much and now you would take the time or spend money as a thank you. I hope you are getting tons of business. I'm not trying to make anyone angry, just a little confused with this notion. It takes me around 2 minutes to type out the card and have the service send them. Total with postage is $14 or so. Not bad for a contest that gets all the guest involved. If I can get all my guests excited and make the winner feel wonderful for less than $15 I'm happy. It's probably a lot less than shirts, mugs, etc. For the cards that cost me just over $1 with my guest's photo at my B&B it's well worth it for me. If that $1 brings them back as a client I've made a profit of $150 - $250. Is a $1 investment worth your room rate for you? I'd sure hope so. Check out my other thread on it.
I'd love to know if anyone else things following up with a client for $1 is too much. Does anyone else use contests, etc. Let me know. Once again, I'm not trying to throw gas on a fire, just wanting to know what others think. I'm new to this forum and already a little amazed by how people care or don't care about their guests.
Jenny

Hi Bill,
Jenny.
You sent guests brownies??? why? That seems like a little extreme to me. I don't know of any guest I would take the time to send brownies much less the expense of it. Sorry:-(
I'm floored to be honest with you. You posted on my other topic you thought $1 for a follow-up was too much and now you would take the time or spend money as a thank you. I hope you are getting tons of business. I'm not trying to make anyone angry, just a little confused with this notion. It takes me around 2 minutes to type out the card and have the service send them. Total with postage is $14 or so. Not bad for a contest that gets all the guest involved. If I can get all my guests excited and make the winner feel wonderful for less than $15 I'm happy. It's probably a lot less than shirts, mugs, etc. For the cards that cost me just over $1 with my guest's photo at my B&B it's well worth it for me. If that $1 brings them back as a client I've made a profit of $150 - $250. Is a $1 investment worth your room rate for you? I'd sure hope so. Check out my other thread on it.
I'd love to know if anyone else things following up with a client for $1 is too much. Does anyone else use contests, etc. Let me know. Once again, I'm not trying to throw gas on a fire, just wanting to know what others think. I'm new to this forum and already a little amazed by how people care or don't care about their guests.
Jenny
I would say $1 a booking is too much. I'd rather send an email and put that $1 into my vinotherapy room amenities that they enjoy more.
RIki

Hi Bill,
Jenny.
catlady said:
Sending brownies is too much money spent for a thank you. Again, I spend my money on them while they are here. With amenities that they will remember using that are different and tie in with the Wine Country.
RIki

Hi Bill,
Jenny.
Innkeeping said:
Hi Bill,
Jenny
Jenny
You're getting bashed here because what you're doing is so blatent. From your first paragraph on your first post I figured out what you were up to. I suggest you find a different venue to peddle your wares. We have no problem with vendors, but don't try to disguise yourself.
If I were to have used your service last year, it would have cost me approximately $1,000. Way too much money in my opinion.
As far as a contest? I would be pretty ticked off if I had stayed at a B&B and afterward the innkeeper were trying to get me involved in anything like that. Branding is one thing, but most B&B type guests are tired of a constant barrage of advertising and gimmicks

Hi Bill,
Jenny.
Jenny
My Internet was down for a while so i am slow in answering this.
I start my confirmation letter with a thank you for choosing us. As we are saying good-bye I say thank you for choosing us. I do not send anything to guests after a visit - unless they contact me first. I am not spending one extra cent if I can help it. My repeat guests come back because because they like what we have and us, not a card to their home. To me, it would be intrusive overkill. Like helo-hovering even when they get home. This is just the way I do things. To each his own.

Hi Bill,
Jenny.
Jenny
My Internet was down for a while so i am slow in answering this.
I start my confirmation letter with a thank you for choosing us. As we are saying good-bye I say thank you for choosing us. I do not send anything to guests after a visit - unless they contact me first. I am not spending one extra cent if I can help it. My repeat guests come back because because they like what we have and us, not a card to their home. To me, it would be intrusive overkill. Like helo-hovering even when they get home. This is just the way I do things. To each his own.
thumbs_up.gif
Took the words right out of my mouth.

i'm nice ... lots of us are nice. implying someone is a liar is harsh and i think unecessary.
but innkeeping, when you have just joined a forum and your posts are about a third party service, people get suspicious.
members can openly promote a service by introducing themselves and saying 'i sell this' ... not sure of the exact forum rules but they are here someplace.
i ran contests or promotions linked to my newsletter ... for example, i had created a new breakfast treat and requested names for it ... things like that. there are guests who love that stuff. the important thing for me is being certain the guest wants to be contacted and responds to this kind of thing. not of all of mine did but a core group did. repeatedly.

Hi Bill,
Jenny.
Innkeeping said:
Hi Bill,
Jenny
Jenny
Im nice you send brownies to anyone you like luv.

Latest posts

Back