Bread Pudding

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted a Bread Pudding recipe on the recipe page. The scut work is done the night before and jut add fruit in the morning, put in a baking dish (I used glass 8x8 or 9x13 depending on number of guests so could serve in the dish) for 30 minutes at 350. I serve it with vanilla yogurt or maple syrup. It is a great way to use up old bread. OLD bread works best. When I did dinners, the second loaf of French bread was automatically going to be bread pudding the next morning.
Blueberries or chopped peaches in it are great..
gillumhouse said:
I posted a Bread Pudding recipe on the recipe page. The scut work is done the night before and jut add fruit in the morning, put in a baking dish (I used glass 8x8 or 9x13 depending on number of guests so could serve in the dish) for 30 minutes at 350. I serve it with vanilla yogurt or maple syrup. It is a great way to use up old bread. OLD bread works best. When I did dinners, the second loaf of French bread was automatically going to be bread pudding the next morning.
Blueberries or chopped peaches in it are great.
I see you use leftover English muffins. I was kind of hoping that would work. We set out English muffins every day and they are a big hit, but we do get a lot of leftovers.
If dh just took ServSafe then he was probably told you can't set up egg dishes overnight. It's too bad because it really has to soak in to be good.
Depending on what time you're going to make this and what time it will be served you might be able to do it in the morning.
Frankly, we've never had a problem with setting this up overnight in a coveted dish in the fridge.
We use it as a starter rather than the meal.
Seriously? Overnight in the fridge and ServSafe said you can't do it?
If you want to "rush" the soak, you can simply put the dish into a vacuum sealer bag and seal. It will be soaked in a jiffy.
Jon Sable said:
If you want to "rush" the soak, you can simply put the dish into a vacuum sealer bag and seal. It will be soaked in a jiffy.
Some classes say no, some never mention it. It's more because of concern that it won't be refrigerated properly.
Madeleine said:
Jon Sable said:
Some classes say no, some never mention it. It's more because of concern that it won't be refrigerated properly.
DH's words, "It's frowned upon."
TheBeachHouse said:
Madeleine said:
Jon Sable said:
Those are fine to do, just use an instant read thermometer and make sure the middle reaches 145 degrees
Breakfast Diva said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Madeleine said:
Jon Sable said:
Those are fine to do, just use an instant read thermometer and make sure the middle reaches 145 degrees
He did buy a good thermometer after the class. So we're all set!

You cannot have overnight eggs dishes here (and trust me when I say this place is too lax). They spelled it out, explained it, demonstrated it and more.

We serve bread pudding every morning. Guests love it! We mix up all breads, pancakes, waffles, etc.

Back