Breakfast Dumplings a hit with family and friends - INN the news 04.29.09

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My stomach is literally growling reading this recipe! Has anyone tried? It sounds really easy...even better!

sounds good... I'd like to try it using apples, raisins and walnuts

sounds good... I'd like to try it using apples, raisins and walnuts.
greyswan said:
sounds good... I'd like to try it using apples, raisins and walnuts
If you do, can you give us the feedback from guests and yourself after? It sounds better than the same old same old cinn roll/sticky buns/moneky bread thing if you add apples. I think that would be grand. We have apple trees so in the Fall that is something I would like to try too! You know us certified green inns - local produce all the way - even better if it is free!
chef.gif

tried it out on friends - they loved it.... turned out pretty good... use that recipe but added 3 partially cooked & sliced apples, raisins (that were plumped in a little orange juice and water), and chopped pecans (didn't have the walnuts ready to use) The next time I fix it, tho, it needs to bake longer and at a slightly lower temp (350-375) so that the dough gets done in the middle.

This sounds really good as a substitute for cinnamon rolls which are too much work for me to make home made. I am wondering if there is a way to make the biscuits homemade instead of from the can? Does anyone have any ideas? I try to make everything homemade if I can.

This sounds really good as a substitute for cinnamon rolls which are too much work for me to make home made. I am wondering if there is a way to make the biscuits homemade instead of from the can? Does anyone have any ideas? I try to make everything homemade if I can..
Bisquick actually makes good biscuits. My Southern family has always used Bisquick. You can add whatever you want to enliven them....... like cheese, etc.

This sounds really good as a substitute for cinnamon rolls which are too much work for me to make home made. I am wondering if there is a way to make the biscuits homemade instead of from the can? Does anyone have any ideas? I try to make everything homemade if I can..
Bisquick actually makes good biscuits. My Southern family has always used Bisquick. You can add whatever you want to enliven them....... like cheese, etc.
hiddencove said:
I will give it a try and see what happens!

hiddencove said:
oceans said:
hiddencove said:
One of the food blogs I read just recently did a few paragraphs on Bisquik biscuits, baked as a precursor to using the mix in another recipe. She came out in favor of Bisquik.

hiddencove said:
oceans said:
hiddencove said:
One of the food blogs I read just recently did a few paragraphs on Bisquik biscuits, baked as a precursor to using the mix in another recipe. She came out in favor of Bisquik.
muirford said:
oceans said:
hiddencove said:
Thanks I have never really liked using Bisquik for anything but they make the heart healthy version so I will give that a try.

My stomach is literally growling reading this recipe! Has anyone tried? It sounds really easy...even better!.
Abilene Jobs has been created keeping in view of the IT-professionals. This site will help you "Professionals" to quickly and efficiently locate many opportunities that exist. It's user friendly tool to help you match your own Specifications, Qualifications and Requirements.

Back