Breakfast to go?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This morning I took no chances and served Baked Pineapple Toast - and they were on time! I got requests for the recipe too!
I baked the bread last night (we were out of bread anyway) and I sliced it quite thick. Fruit was mango (50 cents), strawberries ($2 for a pound), and a handful of blueberries - almost all gone. The baked pineapple toast was demolished. Juices today were OJ and blueberry/pomagranete, muffins were carrot with walnuts and chopped prunes, and the coffee was Java Estates (Kenya yesterday).
I rarely have anyone not have breakfast (and we are so small it is hard to just sneak out). I have had a few request breakfast to go and have received rave reviews of my solution to that.
Bree, I am sorry you had so many people with such Plebian tastes..
gillumhouse said:
This morning I took no chances and served Baked Pineapple Toast
Have you shared this one? Sounds good!
character_24.gif

Here's a thought...was this group celebrating something together?
Sometimes the old Mickey D's Egg McMuffin is THE BEST hangover cure! It' the grease....
InnsiderInfo said:
Sometimes the old Mickey D's Egg McMuffin is THE BEST hangover cure! It' the grease...
I don't think so, they were here for a class. As a matter of fact, I was kind of surprised when I didn't hear a peep out of them after 7 PM. I thought were out and that I'd hear them roll in after midnight! But I think they were all asleep very early.
As for the grease, they could have had that with MY breakfast, too.
wink_smile.gif

I highly doubt that! And I should have edited my post to say I've HEARD that this is a good hangover cure...of course I would NEVER have need for such a thing...
tounge_smile.gif

It's true, but until they went way downhill and I moved out of the midwest, White Castle sliders used to be my personal favorite.

Sometimes the old Mickey D's Egg McMuffin is THE BEST hangover cure! It' the grease....
InnsiderInfo said:
Sometimes the old Mickey D's Egg McMuffin is THE BEST hangover cure! It' the grease...
I don't think so, they were here for a class. As a matter of fact, I was kind of surprised when I didn't hear a peep out of them after 7 PM. I thought were out and that I'd hear them roll in after midnight! But I think they were all asleep very early.
wink_smile.gif

I highly doubt that! And I should have edited my post to say I've HEARD that this is a good hangover cure...of course I would NEVER have need for such a thing...
tounge_smile.gif

I said that because we had sausage and egg this morning! I could have greased it up big time for them! But, because I didn't see all of them, I don't know.
If only you were clairvoyant, you could have prepared the McBree, with that pork sausage/bacon blend patty, on a savory shortbread topped with.....
Yes, melted Brie!
Sound like about 1,200 calories, lots of sodium and several hundred grams of saturated fat to me. LOL
They'd probably even call it "gourmet" with a hard T

InnsiderInfo said:
wink_smile.gif

tounge_smile.gif

I said that because we had sausage and egg this morning! I could have greased it up big time for them! But, because I didn't see all of them, I don't know.
If only you were clairvoyant, you could have prepared the McBree, with that pork sausage/bacon blend patty, on a savory shortbread topped with.....
Yes, melted Brie!
Sound like about 1,200 calories, lots of sodium and several hundred grams of saturated fat to me. LOL
They'd probably even call it "gourmet" with a hard T
Tim_Toad_HLB said:
If I were clairvoyant I would have slept in...altho, I've pretty much got it down now that Sunday mornings no one gets up early, unless I don't, then they do...

This morning I took no chances and served Baked Pineapple Toast - and they were on time! I got requests for the recipe too!
I baked the bread last night (we were out of bread anyway) and I sliced it quite thick. Fruit was mango (50 cents), strawberries ($2 for a pound), and a handful of blueberries - almost all gone. The baked pineapple toast was demolished. Juices today were OJ and blueberry/pomagranete, muffins were carrot with walnuts and chopped prunes, and the coffee was Java Estates (Kenya yesterday).
I rarely have anyone not have breakfast (and we are so small it is hard to just sneak out). I have had a few request breakfast to go and have received rave reviews of my solution to that.
Bree, I am sorry you had so many people with such Plebian tastes..
gillumhouse said:
This morning I took no chances and served Baked Pineapple Toast
Have you shared this one? Sounds good!
character_24.gif

It is in the recipes under Breakfast - both my Baked Pineapple Toast and my Bread Pudding are posted. I get rave reviews with both. Some here think the toast is a bit sweet. I like it best with maple syrup on it too.

InnsiderInfo said:
wink_smile.gif

tounge_smile.gif

It's true, but until they went way downhill and I moved out of the midwest, White Castle sliders used to be my personal favorite.
Sliders can now be found in the frozen section of many grocery stores. They also overnight them to people around the world.

InnsiderInfo said:
wink_smile.gif

tounge_smile.gif

Sliders can now be found in the frozen section of many grocery stores. They also overnight them to people around the world.
gillumhouse said:
I know, I just don't eat that kind of food very often anymore. Plus, I rarely ever get in the condition that I used to in order to use them for their "medicinal" purpose as described. LOL

InnsiderInfo said:
wink_smile.gif

tounge_smile.gif

gillumhouse said:
I know, I just don't eat that kind of food very often anymore. Plus, I rarely ever get in the condition that I used to in order to use them for their "medicinal" purpose as described. LOL
My very first taste of fast food was at White Castle. Then it was another 10 years or more before I ate at McD's. We were not a big fast food family, unless you count pizza.
However, after a night out bar hopping it was Jack in the Box for this gal...the only drive thru open at 2AM where I lived.

InnsiderInfo said:
wink_smile.gif

tounge_smile.gif

gillumhouse said:
My very first taste of fast food was at White Castle. Then it was another 10 years or more before I ate at McD's. We were not a big fast food family, unless you count pizza.
However, after a night out bar hopping it was Jack in the Box for this gal...the only drive thru open at 2AM where I lived.
Bree said:
See, even with our rough start way back when here, we all have something in common. LOL

That's a shame. But where you are, maybe they wanted to get a really early start to their next destination? It always stinks when you've gone to the trouble and people don't show or don't eat.
Knock wood, I haven't had a breakfast no show in a year in business. A couple of late comers. Several room service guests that just picked at their breakfast (the rooms that usually request room service do have microwaves to heat up the food, too).
Always kills me when we throw away expensive fruit though......
No, no early departure. They just didn't eat. And we never met all of them. One person got the keys and paid and just handed the keys to the others in the party. When they left we didn't see them, either. One person handed in the keys and the rest went out the front door.
"Hotel People"
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

Back