Breakfast zoo, or what happens when you try to honor someone's allergy restriction

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh well ~~ easy for me to tell you what to do from where i sit.
tomorrow they will all love the breakfast. yumm.
seashanty said:
tomorrow they will all love the breakfast. yumm
That pretty much goes for all of us about anything!
Absolutely, it's easy for us to sit at our computers miles and miles and miles away and make suggestions that we think might work for YOU!! :)
Most of the time, it's from the heart with the well-being of our inn-mates though and trying to make their life easier!
Work smarter, not harder....I'm trying to adopt this mentality myself. ;-)
We have a guest tonight who requested waffles when he booked back when he was the only room in the house. He is now officially 'waffle guy'. Looking ahead to Sunday's brekkie I see notes about no gluten, no meat, no nuts.
Luckily, the omelets seem to be working very well. That should suit all of those dietary restrictions. But I'm going to have to ask tomorrow's check-ins who will be having brekkie as I think quite a few of them booked in for a wedding. And those guests generally don't eat.
I never have anyone who doesn't eat! :)

seashanty said:
Absolutely, it's easy for us to sit at our computers miles and miles and miles away and make suggestions that we think might work for YOU!! :)
Most of the time, it's from the heart with the well-being of our inn-mates though and trying to make their life easier!
We have a guest tonight who requested waffles when he booked back when he was the only room in the house. He is now officially 'waffle guy'. Looking ahead to Sunday's brekkie I see notes about no gluten, no meat, no nuts.
Luckily, the omelets seem to be working very well. That should suit all of those dietary restrictions. But I'm going to have to ask tomorrow's check-ins who will be having brekkie as I think quite a few of them booked in for a wedding. And those guests generally don't eat.
Samster said:
Since we've been here I'll bet we've thrown out more than enough food to feed guests for a month in the summer. Guests who gush over the menu and then dash out the door in the morning to race to the next place or to catch a plane or whatever. It's why we're backing off one of our best breakfasts (quiche) and moving to omelets.
I don't get it either, other than in the summer we're half the price of a hotel room, so they stay here to save money and have no interest in the other B.

seashanty said:
Samster said:
Since we've been here I'll bet we've thrown out more than enough food to feed guests for a month in the summer. Guests who gush over the menu and then dash out the door in the morning to race to the next place or to catch a plane or whatever. It's why we're backing off one of our best breakfasts (quiche) and moving to omelets.
I don't get it either, other than in the summer we're half the price of a hotel room, so they stay here to save money and have no interest in the other B.
Expanded Continental, then. I wouldn't mess with the rest....

Back