Buying An Inn Question

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I had stars in my eyes...but you know what? If all of us knew then what we know now SOME OF US WOULD NOT HAVE taken the plunge into the field of work we are in and then there would be many many talented and great people owning and or running fabulous B & B's that would not be doing it today...I firmly believe that Innkeeping is a calling.
Sometimes you can find small B & B's that are an actual residential loan instead of a business loan (expenses)....
I know of a "lease to purchase" one that went on the market this week....if you have a $100K deposit..... Anyone interested in VA?
Yes, I'm interested in VA. Can you email me off the forum?
Here is the listing. But...buyer beware..ask lots of questions. This inn just sold 6 months ago.
Thanks, saw this one before and then saw it come back on the market. Virginia is defniitely a big state and I'm more interested in the Eastern area, so that takes care of that. :)
Here's one on the Eastern SHore, the price has been reduced DRASTICALLY.
Been monitoring this one too. Considering a visit. It's listed at a different price on Innshopper though so not sure which is accurate.
The one with the VA B & B realtor is the last update price. You should go see it. They put a ton of work into it but unfortunately the partners split up.
We love going there, but we usually go off season. Things are very quiet then. You do realize it is a pretty seasonal place???? Unless you do wedding, special events, and things to draw people out there, it is real quiet during the winter months.
Ahh, interesting ... sort of wondered why the big difference in price from the original listing. We did realize it was very seasonal but wondered if there is a draw beyond swimming of the ponies. I kept looking at the layout and the rooms and everything looks really nicely done, great use of the available space inside and out. A couple of the rooms appear very small though. We were thinking it's the kind of place that needs to be seen in person. We're planning a trip in the next 30-60 days. Thanks for the innsight! ;)

Yes I had stars in my eyes...but you know what? If all of us knew then what we know now SOME OF US WOULD NOT HAVE taken the plunge into the field of work we are in and then there would be many many talented and great people owning and or running fabulous B & B's that would not be doing it today...I firmly believe that Innkeeping is a calling.
Sometimes you can find small B & B's that are an actual residential loan instead of a business loan (expenses)....
I know of a "lease to purchase" one that went on the market this week....if you have a $100K deposit..... Anyone interested in VA?
VA is a big state - where exactly? Thx!
Stanley. Here's their website.
Very nice! Thanks for the info!

Here is the listing. But...buyer beware..ask lots of questions. This inn just sold 6 months ago.
Thanks, saw this one before and then saw it come back on the market. Virginia is defniitely a big state and I'm more interested in the Eastern area, so that takes care of that. :)
Been monitoring this one too. Considering a visit. It's listed at a different price on Innshopper though so not sure which is accurate.
SecondAct said:
Thanks for the heads up on the pricing discrepancy. I spoke with the broker this morning and confirmed the new (lower) price.
Zach

SecondAct said:
Thanks for the heads up on the pricing discrepancy. I spoke with the broker this morning and confirmed the new (lower) price.
Zach
well thank you for being the kind of person who cared enough to check and update the site:)

The one with the VA B & B realtor is the last update price. You should go see it. They put a ton of work into it but unfortunately the partners split up.
We love going there, but we usually go off season. Things are very quiet then. You do realize it is a pretty seasonal place???? Unless you do wedding, special events, and things to draw people out there, it is real quiet during the winter months.
Ahh, interesting ... sort of wondered why the big difference in price from the original listing. We did realize it was very seasonal but wondered if there is a draw beyond swimming of the ponies. I kept looking at the layout and the rooms and everything looks really nicely done, great use of the available space inside and out. A couple of the rooms appear very small though. We were thinking it's the kind of place that needs to be seen in person. We're planning a trip in the next 30-60 days. Thanks for the innsight! ;)
Yes several of the rooms are very small. But everything has been updated nicely. I never did get to see the owner's quarters though, he was going to show them to me but was busy and I didn't want to intrude. We love biking there after the crowds have gone.

SecondAct said:
Zach
innshopper said:
SecondAct said:
Zach
Zach, ditto to Catlady's comment. Thank you for following up. Knowing that you monitor these pretty closely is exactly why I was not confident on the lower price, but really appreciate your confirming that.

Back