Can you recommend luggage?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have traveled a lot. Our last luggage purchase was pieces with 4 wheels that spin in any direction. You can push the luggage up right and side ways, so nice. Would not go back to two wheels pulling a handle again. Not sure if these are "spinners" that are already mentioned. We had to replace our luggace in Milan after the air line broke ours. All worth it, love our new luggage.

I would recommend samsonite's silhouette range of luggages. Another good choice would be the american tourister's lite series. Anway which place are you going to ?

Don't get anything too large if you will possibly use it in the future. DW and I traveled in Europe for 6 weeks and we each only took a 21" roller-bag. It fits in the overhead compartment of most airlines and fits well in the back of a rental car. On our first trip to Italy, we only took backpack. We were there three weeks! What?......Yes, it's possible.

Don't get anything too large if you will possibly use it in the future. DW and I traveled in Europe for 6 weeks and we each only took a 21" roller-bag. It fits in the overhead compartment of most airlines and fits well in the back of a rental car. On our first trip to Italy, we only took backpack. We were there three weeks! What?......Yes, it's possible..
Proud Texan said:
Don't get anything too large if you will possibly use it in the future. DW and I traveled in Europe for 6 weeks and we each only took a 21" roller-bag. It fits in the overhead compartment of most airlines and fits well in the back of a rental car. On our first trip to Italy, we only took backpack. We were there three weeks! What?......Yes, it's possible.
I also pack small... and take an ancient small, folding suitcase inside my regular one to bring things home in.
=)
Kk.

I would recommend samsonite's silhouette range of luggages. Another good choice would be the american tourister's lite series. Anway which place are you going to ?.
Of course you would, because you have been crawling the internet in search of anywhere you can drop links to your discount online luggage site. Thanks for playing the SPAM game. As today's winner you get the special recognition of being the first person banned from innspiring.com
Have a most excellent day.
regular_smile.gif

I would recommend samsonite's silhouette range of luggages. Another good choice would be the american tourister's lite series. Anway which place are you going to ?.
Of course you would, because you have been crawling the internet in search of anywhere you can drop links to your discount online luggage site. Thanks for playing the SPAM game. As today's winner you get the special recognition of being the first person banned from innspiring.com
regular_smile.gif

swirt said:
regular_smile.gif
Wow. Go team!
cheers.gif

regular_smile.gif

swirt said:
regular_smile.gif
Wow. Go team!
cheers.gif

I imagine this will just be the first of many now that we are getting more and more exposure in the search engines. Mainly I'll just ban them and delete the post without any fanfare, but I also have a bit of faith in the drama of a well placed head on a pike now and then.
devil_smile.gif

i ended up buying the traveler's choice rome spinner set from overstock (where i had a gc from 11 months ago). couldn't beat the shipping price of $1.00. don't know how they do that! anyway, it's here and it really moves easily over carpet and floors ... thank you to everyone who recommended the spinner wheels.

regular_smile.gif

swirt said:
regular_smile.gif
Wow. Go team!
cheers.gif

I imagine this will just be the first of many now that we are getting more and more exposure in the search engines. Mainly I'll just ban them and delete the post without any fanfare, but I also have a bit of faith in the drama of a well placed head on a pike now and then.
devil_smile.gif

Oooohhh, remind me to tell you about my ancestor who was involved in the Monmouth Rebellion. He was on the "wrong" (read losing) side, and the king, um, made an example out of him.
You might find it useful. ;)

regular_smile.gif

swirt said:
regular_smile.gif
Wow. Go team!
cheers.gif

devil_smile.gif

Oooohhh, remind me to tell you about my ancestor who was involved in the Monmouth Rebellion. He was on the "wrong" (read losing) side, and the king, um, made an example out of him.
LOL sorry to bring up any bad family memories. Truth is more terrifying than fiction.
regular_smile.gif

regular_smile.gif

swirt said:
regular_smile.gif
Wow. Go team!
cheers.gif

devil_smile.gif

We got shot at and 'asked to leave the country' but no heads on pike staffs that I know of. Yowza!

regular_smile.gif

swirt said:
regular_smile.gif
You are too cool!!!
cheers.gif

For some reason I've never really liked hard suitcases with wheels. I prefer a large canvas traveler's backpack. To me it's easier to transport, especially if you'll be walking any distances on sidewalks, etc. And it squishes into luggage racks much easier than a hard-shell case. I bought one from Rick Steves that I like a lot, but I'm sure there are other brands that are just as good.
For a cruise, though, I don't think there'd be much advantage, since I assume you're not going to be walking all that much with your bag!
And I agree with Proud Texan and YellowSocks about packing light. I like to just bring one carry-on. Although it's getting harder and harder to do so on airplanes these days...
sad_smile.gif

For some reason I've never really liked hard suitcases with wheels. I prefer a large canvas traveler's backpack. To me it's easier to transport, especially if you'll be walking any distances on sidewalks, etc. And it squishes into luggage racks much easier than a hard-shell case. I bought one from Rick Steves that I like a lot, but I'm sure there are other brands that are just as good.
For a cruise, though, I don't think there'd be much advantage, since I assume you're not going to be walking all that much with your bag!
And I agree with Proud Texan and YellowSocks about packing light. I like to just bring one carry-on. Although it's getting harder and harder to do so on airplanes these days...
sad_smile.gif
Jesse Smith said:
sad_smile.gif
You can't pack that light for a cruise, since there are formal nights, but the swimsuits and shorts fit the bill!

Back