Chargeback Unexpectedness ...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Further fall out = 1 bubble on that site we all know. Not surprised. Not happy..
Sorry about that. I didn't see the review, but I'm sure you can find a way to reply. And reply in a way that people reading will see the good side of things. For example, we are sorry you didn't appreciate our wonderful views and comfortable bed.

I know it hurts, but you were expecting it. You knew who it was from, so that helped soften the blow a little bit. Looking at all the other reviews and personal comments at how wonderful you are, the inn and the whole experience, this one bad apple just bites. I wouldn't listen to them if I was a guest, in the least. "We didn't like it and they wouldn't give us our money back...whinge whinge whinge..."

Further fall out = 1 bubble on that site we all know. Not surprised. Not happy..
Sorry about that. I didn't see the review, but I'm sure you can find a way to reply. And reply in a way that people reading will see the good side of things. For example, we are sorry you didn't appreciate our wonderful views and comfortable bed.
I will - just need some time to think it through so the positive comes through in my response. Sad thing is they arrived three hours early and didn't even stay.
The original chargeback (credit to them) was debited from their account and refunded to me after my rebuttal
The second chargeback (credit to them, re-debit to me) I decided not fight as I knew (largely thanks to you) that the chances of winning were slim and I couldn't risk the additional fees.
Apparently, their credit card company chose to review the case again anyway and decided they didn't have a leg to stand on. I was incredibly pleasantly surprised when I saw the re-credit to my account. Obviously they were less pleasantly surprised so "got" me this way.

I will - just need some time to think it through so the positive comes through in my response. Sad thing is they arrived three hours early and didn't even stay.
The original chargeback (credit to them) was debited from their account and refunded to me after my rebuttal
The second chargeback (credit to them, re-debit to me) I decided not fight as I knew (largely thanks to you) that the chances of winning were slim and I couldn't risk the additional fees.
Apparently, their credit card company chose to review the case again anyway and decided they didn't have a leg to stand on. I was incredibly pleasantly surprised when I saw the re-credit to my account. Obviously they were less pleasantly surprised so "got" me this way.
Okay, I remembered your inn's name, so I looked at the review. I would say that this is a great time to use that review to remind people that you honour your reservations and expect them to also honour theirs. Mention all the lovely location, the beautiful inn, the tastefully decorated room. Mention that you are sorry they missed the delightful breakfast. And of course throw in that extraordinarily lovely photos of the inn that show how inviting it all is.
Basically, make her regret writing the nasty review by using it as an advertisement that draws them to go to look at the pictures on your website. The more you pile it on, the more you gain, because so many people will go to see that review to see what negative they can say. And you just use it as a way to draw people into your website to see your real pictures. And at the same time tells them that you keep and honour your reservations and you won't be extorted for a refund.
Oh and tell T/A that she has repeatedly tried to extort you for a refund even through the CC company. Offer to email them correspondence and see if they keep the review up.

and remove the TA widget from your homepage UKManiac as it shows that bad review at the top. I wouldn't want people on my site reading that terd's review!
(and an out of date event there while on the homepage)

Okay, I remembered your inn's name, so I looked at the review. I would say that this is a great time to use that review to remind people that you honour your reservations and expect them to also honour theirs. Mention all the lovely location, the beautiful inn, the tastefully decorated room. Mention that you are sorry they missed the delightful breakfast. And of course throw in that extraordinarily lovely photos of the inn that show how inviting it all is.
Basically, make her regret writing the nasty review by using it as an advertisement that draws them to go to look at the pictures on your website. The more you pile it on, the more you gain, because so many people will go to see that review to see what negative they can say. And you just use it as a way to draw people into your website to see your real pictures. And at the same time tells them that you keep and honour your reservations and you won't be extorted for a refund.
Oh and tell T/A that she has repeatedly tried to extort you for a refund even through the CC company. Offer to email them correspondence and see if they keep the review up.
Well said Eric. You are a great coach!
BBBBob

i am sorry.
i am not up on the review sites. is it possible to post a picture in a response or a link to a picture? your rooms are all so lovely, it would be great to have an image pop up.
agreed, get the link off your website until that spiteful review is buried.
as an inn-goer now, i always read lots of reviews and if i saw one negative in with loads of glowing reviews, i'd figure it was just that one person.

OK, kiddo, I don't see the review. Maybe it's been yanked? Maybe I'm not seeing it. Get some of your own photos up on that review site. Guests don't really take enough care with their picture taking!

OK, kiddo, I don't see the review. Maybe it's been yanked? Maybe I'm not seeing it. Get some of your own photos up on that review site. Guests don't really take enough care with their picture taking!
Woohoo, it does appear to be gone. Hopefully it will never come back.

Well sounds like this all may be working out right for you. You got the $ and now the review is gone. Keep an eye out just in case they emailed them for rewording, TA always a thorn! Fingers crossed that you can put this one to bed!

Back