Christmas giftsfor a guest you don't know

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camge

Reaction score
Hi, this is definitely off season for us, but we are having a single male guest stay for the Christmas weekend. We don''t know if he is visiting family or just getting away. Have you ever wrapped up something for a guest like this, and what did you give? Our children will be visiting they are 28,32. I just want this guest to feel at home and comfortable. Thanks!❤️

I hope he is visiting family but if he is there by himself tread lightly unless he gives you some indication otherwise he may just want to be alone???

I hope he is visiting family but if he is there by himself tread lightly unless he gives you some indication otherwise he may just want to be alone???.
I was also thinking about that, we are Jewish and my family will celebrate Hannukkah. Our inn is decorated for both holidays since we were part of our local Village improvement society holiday party and an Inn crawl. Guess we will watch how this unfolds. HE will be lucky to find a restaurant to eat in.

IF we have guests for any holiday, we invite them to join us for that holiday dinner, letting the understand it is an invitation, not a command performance. One Easter we had a gentleman who was working in the area on night shift arrive at 4 AM (I left the door so he just had to push it to get in) and when he took the room I told him he was welcome to join us for Easter Dinner at 1 PM. He did and remarked how nice it was that we had invited him.
Anything edible is always nice, big enough to look like a nice gift but not so big as to feel obligated to give a gift in return. When we were in Illinois, I ordered 72 one pound jars of honey from West Virginia for several years to give to the co-workers are both of my jobs. That filled the bill perfectly. (A couple of the maintenance guys at my full-time used to ask me if I was getting the honey again. It was cute the way they would ask.)

I hope he is visiting family but if he is there by himself tread lightly unless he gives you some indication otherwise he may just want to be alone???.
I was also thinking about that, we are Jewish and my family will celebrate Hannukkah. Our inn is decorated for both holidays since we were part of our local Village improvement society holiday party and an Inn crawl. Guess we will watch how this unfolds. HE will be lucky to find a restaurant to eat in.
If you're not sure about his plans, let him know in advance about how limited the dining options are. Nothing worse than being unprepared.

We are full on Christmas Eve'. We assume everyone is here to visit family.
We will put a pretty wrapped bag of cookies in each room on Christmas Eve'.
I would not invite guests to my family dinner, but give you all hospitality props if you do!!!!

yes, if he is alone and there are no restaurants open, he will be in for a shock...so you may want to consider asking him to dine with your family...you will have to play by your gut on this one. Maybe there is a Chinese restaurant in town open :)

We are full on Christmas Eve'. We assume everyone is here to visit family.
We will put a pretty wrapped bag of cookies in each room on Christmas Eve'.
I would not invite guests to my family dinner, but give you all hospitality props if you do!!!!.
Our family dinner is the 2 of us, 2 friends from PA, and unless he goes home to Ohio (as he is this year) a young man who was on radio here (his reason for coming to the area), fired due to programming changes, and then worked for Shinnston for 3 years and quit to go back into radio. We want our kids to stay home because weather and roads can change in the blink of an eye.

We're closed for Christmas this year. When we are open we always invite them to join us but then my grandpa's motto which has been passed down is, "the more the merrier".

Back