Cleaning Routine

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My day is shaping up like this... One room out for a run which means showers before breakfast. 4 rooms not even stirring yet. 1 room eating. 1 room a total unknown as they arrived late.
Because it's raining we figure 9 am before we see anyone else and no one checks out until 11..
Madeleine said:
My day is shaping up like this... One room out for a run which means showers before breakfast. 4 rooms not even stirring yet. 1 room eating. 1 room a total unknown as they arrived late.
Because it's raining we figure 9 am before we see anyone else and no one checks out until 11.
Bingo on the breakfast. They all came at the same time. Had to set up a table in the living room to keep things moving along.
Everyone except one room left on time, mostly around 10-10:15, so I called that wrong. One room was still showering at 11. Annoyed me no end and then they needed directions at 11:30.
Lots of 'top sleepers' so I ended up having to wash blankets and quilts today even though there's no time.
Anyhoo, other than some laundry, we finished by 2. Guests showed up for check in at 2:15. But, the sign was out and they left again.
We are both collapsed on the couch right now. Dh is sound asleep.
"Top sleepers"? You mean people don't get under the covers? Why in the world? I seriously don't think I've ever had anyone do this.

Because it's raining we figure 9 am before we see anyone else and no one checks out until 11..
Madeleine said:
Because it's raining we figure 9 am before we see anyone else and no one checks out until 11.
Bingo on the breakfast. They all came at the same time. Had to set up a table in the living room to keep things moving along.
Everyone except one room left on time, mostly around 10-10:15, so I called that wrong. One room was still showering at 11. Annoyed me no end and then they needed directions at 11:30.
Lots of 'top sleepers' so I ended up having to wash blankets and quilts today even though there's no time.
Anyhoo, other than some laundry, we finished by 2. Guests showed up for check in at 2:15. But, the sign was out and they left again.
"Top sleepers"? You mean people don't get under the covers? Why in the world? I seriously don't think I've ever had anyone do this.
BananaE29 said:
We have too many of them. Mostly kids and Europeans.

Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
and it's the darnedest thing... they think they're helping us out so we won't have to change the sheets. Eewwww

Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
and it's the darnedest thing... they think they're helping us out so we won't have to change the sheets. Eewwww
Innkeep said:
Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
I've had people say that. Big smile! I just saved you all this work! I used to let it go, now I explain that everything on the bed now has to be washed. Hopefully that helps the next place they stay.

Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
Innkeep said:
Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
I've had people say that. Big smile! I just saved you all this work! I used to let it go, now I explain that everything on the bed now has to be washed. Hopefully that helps the next place they stay.
Madeleine said:
Innkeep said:
Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
This is just about the craziest crap I've ever heard of! LOL...

Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
Innkeep said:
Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
Madeleine said:
Innkeep said:
Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
Sorry, but I go out of my way not to touch the bed spreads and blankets. I kinda cocoon my self with the sheets.

Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
Innkeep said:
Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
Madeleine said:
Innkeep said:
Madeleine said:
BananaE29 said:
Sorry, but I go out of my way not to touch the bed spreads and blankets. I kinda cocoon my self with the sheets.
jmj said:
Most people do that! And I would think parents would especially make sure their kids did that but they don't.

We got so tired yesterday on a full house turnover, we actually left a couple undone. Bed made, trash cleaned, but bathrooms not cleaned. We only had two scheduled check ins, so we took a chance..
TheBeachHouse said:
We got so tired yesterday on a full house turnover, we actually left a couple undone. Bed made, trash cleaned, but bathrooms not cleaned. We only had two scheduled check ins, so we took a chance.
You did what I do on a regular basis. There is no other way to do it here.
My one and only advice for this thread is something you will hear me say in my sleep:
Never go upstairs without something in your arms. Full stop. Period.
thumbs_up.gif
Every trip counts. Waiting tables is great practice for B&B.

Back