Clocks change!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Don't forget to change the clocks. We forgot to reset them in the guest rooms so I have no idea WHICH time the guests will use for breakfast. Ugh.

I changed mine this afternoon and told my guests the clock will be correct when they wake up, it is 1 hour early now.
What is going to be interesting is what happens with Chapel tonight - as in who is going to come in and when. I have been given the blessing of a 9:30 breakfast - yeehaa!!!!

ours is the only province which doesn't have to change. It always stays the same, year round.

we had guests stay with us last fall that had stayed at an inn in MA before coming to ours. it was "fall back" time...the next morning apparently all guests had reported for breakfast but the innkeepers had not. so the guests all waited for awhile & noone showed. they told us they couldn't believe the innkeepers "messed up" we said, well, we innkeepers are human too & we're willing to bet that when those innkeepers did roll out of bed, they were mortified to find out that the guests had all checked themselves out...without breakfast. i know i would have been quite embarassed myself & would have tried as soon as possible to contact the guests to apologize.

We don't change them in the rooms but we put a note in every room that we 'fall back' one hour tonight. We also adjust our service times - coffee will be out at 6:30 and breakfast from 8:00 to 9:00, so we split the difference. But we do have to remember to turn our own clocks back!!

We don't change them in the rooms but we put a note in every room that we 'fall back' one hour tonight. We also adjust our service times - coffee will be out at 6:30 and breakfast from 8:00 to 9:00, so we split the difference. But we do have to remember to turn our own clocks back!!.
muirford said:
We don't change them in the rooms but we put a note in every room that we 'fall back' one hour tonight. We also adjust our service times - coffee will be out at 6:30 and breakfast from 8:00 to 9:00, so we split the difference. But we do have to remember to turn our own clocks back!!
I forgot to tell the guests and now it is too late! So much for sleeping in an hour, I will be paranoid all night about it now. Maybe I can sneak a note in under their door?

We don't change them in the rooms but we put a note in every room that we 'fall back' one hour tonight. We also adjust our service times - coffee will be out at 6:30 and breakfast from 8:00 to 9:00, so we split the difference. But we do have to remember to turn our own clocks back!!.
muirford said:
I forgot to tell the guests and now it is too late! So much for sleeping in an hour, I will be paranoid all night about it now. Maybe I can sneak a note in under their door?
No one was here when I remembered so we left a big note on the desk as you come in the door. I heard one guest in the kitchen around 6, but hubs was up. So far no one else has made an appearance so I guess everyone else saw the note. Hope so, I'm still in my jammies!

They got up early. No big deal, they knew the clocks went back and I said, 'How about an early breakfast then?' I had it prepped and the table set. They said "We don't want to put you out" no worries!

ours is the only province which doesn't have to change. It always stays the same, year round..
SMART MOVE...I don't see why we can't keep it the same year round as well. Kind of of school to me. I don't even know what the point of doing it is!

ours is the only province which doesn't have to change. It always stays the same, year round..
SMART MOVE...I don't see why we can't keep it the same year round as well. Kind of of school to me. I don't even know what the point of doing it is!
I vote to keep it the same too. We did not change for 40 years and this is the second year we have changed and I hate it. The whole state is not on the same time and it makes me crazy.

catlady said:
Didn't it originate with farming?
AZ never changed theirs.

catlady said:
Didn't it originate with farming?
AZ never changed theirs.
It originated with WWII as a way to save energy and partly to give the farmers an extra hour of daylight to work in the fields.
The idea was that people are getting up at mostly the same time and this gives more daylight in the morning so lights will not be turned on as much. People do not all get home at the same times so the lights at night will go on a different times thus conserving energy.
Unfortunately, I guessed exactly what was going to happen at Chapel last night. My 1am relief did not show and whoever was supposed to be the 2am thought the 3am would have changed the clock I guess because it was 2an new time wehn the next person came in so I was there 3 hours. Up at 7 the new time to do breakfast.

Umm then you have the states where 1/2 the state changes and the other 1/2 does not .... and some people live in one state and cross the border to work in the other - can ou imagine how confusing that is!!

I don't know what got into folks this morning...maybe the little extra sleep? They were out the door and we were done cleaning before noon! How's that for changing?! Changed those rooms over tout de suite!

Bree said:
Don't forget to change the clocks. We forgot to reset them in the guest rooms so I have no idea WHICH time the guests will use for breakfast. Ugh.
Ain't that just like a woman! Always trying to change things.
wink_smile.gif

DW changed the clocks in the rooms last evening and then we told each guest when they arrived home from dinner about the change. They all showed up this morning at the proper time....good guests.

I don't know what got into folks this morning...maybe the little extra sleep? They were out the door and we were done cleaning before noon! How's that for changing?! Changed those rooms over tout de suite!.
Same here, except for one holdout who concluded a business deal on the phone in our library using our computer. Everyone at breakfast before 8:30 and half of them sat down at 8.

That was my dh's job. He changed them yesterday in all in both houses on all the clocks, appliances, electronic devices :)

Mine had a 9:30 ans were down by 9:35. Had nothing on the books until the 6th but by Noon had 1 room booked and by 1 her son had changed his reservation from the Hampton where the company had put him to here so I have 2 rooms tonight. All because I was willing to let Mama stay until whenever until his meeting is over tomorrow (I had blocked all rooms for Monday & Tuesday because I will be working the polls so it does not matter wehn she - now they - leave Monday) I got the secnd room. Sometimes it does pay off!

Back