Coffee taste test (don't shoot me, I'm just the coffee-hating messenger)

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing people often forget is that the water used in brewing the coffee has a big impact on the flavour. We get raves about our coffee and I think part of that is our water is so good. We're on a drilled well -- no chorine, flouride or whatever else comes with the water from many city taps.
The home roasting interests me. Think I'll go start a new thread...

One thing people often forget is that the water used in brewing the coffee has a big impact on the flavour. We get raves about our coffee and I think part of that is our water is so good. We're on a drilled well -- no chorine, flouride or whatever else comes with the water from many city taps.
The home roasting interests me. Think I'll go start a new thread....
We installed a filter on our water. There wasn't a big 'yay' going up from the repeats so not sure they noticed. I notice the difference in plain drinking water, tho!

happyjacks said:
You mean it is not filtered sewage like in Southern Ca? I said that to DH then he reminded me of the ground source for water and the septic systems and went into the whole thing and grossed me out completely. It is just the thougth of it being raw sewage into drinking water that turns my gut!

happyjacks said:
You mean it is not filtered sewage like in Southern Ca? I said that to DH then he reminded me of the ground source for water and the septic systems and went into the whole thing and grossed me out completely. It is just the thougth of it being raw sewage into drinking water that turns my gut!
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
happyjacks said:
I will not soon forget a geology class I took...we're out hiking and the prof says, 'You can drink that water over there (bubbling up out of the ground) but not that water over there (crystal clear stream). Always remember the ground filters the water, you don't know WHERE that other water's been. Yuck.' And this was in Stowe where at the time they were using waste water to make snow. ("Where the affluent meet the effluent.")

happyjacks said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
happyjacks said:
I will not soon forget a geology class I took...we're out hiking and the prof says, 'You can drink that water over there (bubbling up out of the ground) but not that water over there (crystal clear stream). Always remember the ground filters the water, you don't know WHERE that other water's been. Yuck.' And this was in Stowe where at the time they were using waste water to make snow. ("Where the affluent meet the effluent.")
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
happyjacks said:
If you ever watch Survivor Man or any of those prgms, that is what he does. There is a creek or river and he goes about 3 feet from it and digs a hole. He digs and digs til he has a little puddle or water in the SAND. THAT IS FILTERED WATER he says, and safe to drink. The stream is never safe to drink.

happyjacks said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
happyjacks said:
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
happyjacks said:
If you ever watch Survivor Man or any of those prgms, that is what he does. There is a creek or river and he goes about 3 feet from it and digs a hole. He digs and digs til he has a little puddle or water in the SAND. THAT IS FILTERED WATER he says, and safe to drink. The stream is never safe to drink.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Speaking of Survivor Man, the location for his Off the Grid documentary is about a half-hour from here.

We frsh-grind each morning. This is the coffee list my guests must choose from:
KenyaAA[/td][/tr]ZimbabweAA [/td][/tr]Java Estate Blawan[/td][/tr]Panama Boquette SHB EP[/td][/tr]Papua New Guinea A Kimel Estate[/td][/tr]Organic Fair Trade Shade Grown Peru[/td][/tr]Yemen Sanani[/td][/tr]Tanzania Peaberry Songea[/td][/tr]Rwanda Ingoboka Cooperative[/td][/tr]Costa Rica Tres Rios SHB[/td][/tr]Colombian Supremo[/td][/tr]Coehlo's Gold (India)[/td][/tr]Cerrado Brazil[/td][/tr]Guatemala[/td][/tr]Fair Trade Organic Bolivia[/td][/tr]Sumatra[/td][/tr]Brazil Santos[/td][/tr]DECAFE GUATEMALA KVW[/td][/tr]DECAFE Costa Rica KVWv SHB EP[/td][/tr]DECAFE Ethiopia KVW EP[/td][/tr]DECAFE Certified Organic Mexican MWP[/td][/tr]DECAFE Columbia[/td][/tr][/table].
wow.gif
Wowsers!

Back