Couples must be a legally married husband and wife

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amen to that K! Its just living with blinders on when you cant see anything but straight ahead-HOW BORING!

We would have missed the opportunity to meet a lot of fantastic guests with a policy like that. I didn't (and wouldn't) have a policy like that. Not up to me to muck around in people's personal life choices.....
I wonder how they "skirt" the discrimination issue when him & him and her and her book in.! Who does what behind their own (or rented) door - as long as it does not involve a minor - is no one else's business. Certainly not mine. I have had some super interesting and really nice guests who were him & him, her & her, and meet in the middle. I have also had married couples with different last names. Heck, I KNOW several with different last names. Spare me the narrow minds - I personally prefer the interesting and interested minds. Keep the door of your mind closed and you miss so much of beauty, learning, and life that comes in when it is open.
DH and I are WAY married. Different last names.

Anyway we all know that running a B&B you have to have NO morals!! LOLI do not agree. I'm not braking any of MY morals --- And we can not know for sure they are either
wink_smile.gif

Disgusting. That's all I can say.
Anyway we all know that running a B&B you have to have NO morals!! LOL.
Guess I'd better add that to my list.... As an aspiring, I want to get it right.... HAHA
CC machine... check
No morals..... check
Guess I'd better add that to my list.... As an aspiring, I want to get it right.... HAHA
CC machine... check
No morals..... check
Kid, you're learnin' fast. Keep up the good work

Not only disgusting, but it is illegal here in Quebec under the law that doesn't allow discrimination based on "civil status". But it's much more complicated than that... for example, women in Quebec do not take their husband's last name since 1981. Do they have to bring a legal marriage certificate with them when they arrive or do they have to fax it ahead of time. Do they accept married Gay/Lesbian couples?
Frankly, as an innkeeper, it's just none of my business what the civil status of my guests. This reminds me of the stupid people who on eBay insist that they won't ship to Post Office Boxes, cutting off thousands of possible customers and then wondering why other merchants consistantly outsell them on the same merchandise.

We would have missed the opportunity to meet a lot of fantastic guests with a policy like that. I didn't (and wouldn't) have a policy like that. Not up to me to muck around in people's personal life choices.....
I wonder how they "skirt" the discrimination issue when him & him and her and her book in.! Who does what behind their own (or rented) door - as long as it does not involve a minor - is no one else's business. Certainly not mine. I have had some super interesting and really nice guests who were him & him, her & her, and meet in the middle. I have also had married couples with different last names. Heck, I KNOW several with different last names. Spare me the narrow minds - I personally prefer the interesting and interested minds. Keep the door of your mind closed and you miss so much of beauty, learning, and life that comes in when it is open.
gillumhouse said:
Have you had the him & her & him check in yet? Or the her & him & her check in yet?
When we were searching for this location we visited a lot of homes and one had a king and half bed in the master bedroom. When we met the owners we realized that it was a menage-a-trois that lived in the house.

gillumhouse said:
Have you had the him & her & him check in yet? Or the her & him & her check in yet?
When we were searching for this location we visited a lot of homes and one had a king and half bed in the master bedroom. When we met the owners we realized that it was a menage-a-trois that lived in the house.
Hooboy!!! No. We have an occupancy limit of 2 per room.

Back