Crip Tonnect

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussie Innkeeper

Reaction score
Is anyone using this PPC feature? I tried to sign up today, but it won't correctly bring up my rates. Can anyone tell me exactly how it works and if it's worth it?
Sorry if this has been covered before. I did a search but couldn't find anything recent. Thanks.

Yes, there are several of us who have signed up recently.
Are you using ReservationKey, or a different online booking engine?
ETA: I am not familiar with Book-It -- but you probably need to get in touch with their support to figure out why your prices are not properly transferring to Crip Tonnect.

Aussie, you beat me to the punch.
wink_smile.gif
I was just creating a thread when I spotted this one.

To fill in everyone, TC is a part of TA. When TA first introduced TC, the property had to also pay for a Business Listing. TA has since wised up and is offering properties the the option to sign up separately.
TC is a PPC opt in which allows you to show your availability and prices on TA.
Your booking system would have to be compatible with TC. Reservation Key is one of many that is, you can check the TA site to see if your system is compatible.

I finalized mine on Thursday, went live on Friday am and had my 1st booking before noon!
The first time I attempted to sign up my rates were off as well. I do not know what happened but when I attempted to do so again, everything was right on the money. Give it a day or so and try again, if there is still issues you need to contact your booking system to see if there is a glitch.

tascreenshot.png

Here's the latest way TA is screwing innkeepers by routing visitors away from our sites and to OTA partners: Now, even if you're a Business customer, they put a drop screen over your page highlighting only the OTA pricing, without giving guests a chance to see anything including the link to your property.
They're pretty shameless. Makes it more likely that you're going to pay for their PPC feature, but diminishes the value of your Business listing exponentially.

tascreenshot.png

Here's the latest way TA is screwing innkeepers by routing visitors away from our sites and to OTA partners: Now, even if you're a Business customer, they put a drop screen over your page highlighting only the OTA pricing, without giving guests a chance to see anything including the link to your property.
They're pretty shameless. Makes it more likely that you're going to pay for their PPC feature, but diminishes the value of your Business listing exponentially..
PhineasSwann said:
They're pretty shameless. Makes it more likely that you're going to pay for their PPC feature, but diminishes the value of your Business listing exponentially.
We've had the same feelings over the years about Google and Facebook. The only answer is that they are in business to make money, not help other businesses. They will turn the screws as tightly as they dare. They must be making more money from O_r_b_i_t_z, Booking, and p_r_i_c_e_l_i_n_e than make from innkeepers.

tascreenshot.png

They're pretty shameless. Makes it more likely that you're going to pay for their PPC feature, but diminishes the value of your Business listing exponentially..
PhineasSwann said:
And they hope you are not seeing this because you have the option to view 'as a traveler' under your business account.
wink_smile.gif

Actually, the way it works from what I can tell, is very much like google adwords. If Orbits, booking, etc.. pay more for the click, then they get featured higher than you. Your OTA channels are bidding against you so they can make their 15% (or whatever your agreement is).

They are shameless, that's for sure.

As mentioned, now live using TC. Had bid for the #1 spot, I am also with OTA's - booking (not incl priceline) and Exp*dia et al.
First day "official site" was at #1 - got my first booking
Day 2-3 only had bookings through OTA's, no clicks to my 'official site'
But did not check TA til end of day 3 and found out my #1 bid had then been out bid by other OTA's including "Official TA booking site".
So TA set up their own booking site as well in order to out bid. This pulls data from the Exp*dia group which is owned by the owners of TA but operated as a separate company.
After seeing this, I changed all Exp*dia data to only allow stays of 4 or more nights. My 'offical site' is now only competing with Booking unless I have someone looking at a long stay. We can play that game too!
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
And if the game gets too much, we will drop Exp*edia et al all together.

I don't know how they are working it, but my per-click bid is set at the minimum they allow, always has been, and my own reservation page ("Official Site") is often listed FIRST among the three they list. So I'm not sure upping your bid is what's moving things around. They may just rotate them randomly.
The other two offerings they list rotate among booking, price_line, and e_dreams. I'm not affiliated with price_line or e_dreams, but do have a connection to booking.

I don't know how they are working it, but my per-click bid is set at the minimum they allow, always has been, and my own reservation page ("Official Site") is often listed FIRST among the three they list. So I'm not sure upping your bid is what's moving things around. They may just rotate them randomly.
The other two offerings they list rotate among booking, price_line, and e_dreams. I'm not affiliated with price_line or e_dreams, but do have a connection to booking..
Arks said:
The other two offerings they list rotate among booking, price_line, and e_dreams. I'm not affiliated with price_line or e_dreams, but do have a connection to booking.
Same here Arks.Minimum bid, and I'm always first. I tried to sign up with Expedia but they ignored me. Maybe a blessing in disguise. I still get the odd Booking reservation, but I've been happy with my TC connection to my site. And what's nice is that I sent a thank you email to my guests from last year, including the Booking ones and I just got a repeat from a former Booking guest. She just went direct to my site! Gotta love ResKey!!

The other two offerings they list rotate among booking, price_line, and e_dreams. I'm not affiliated with price_line or e_dreams, but do have a connection to booking..
Arks said:
I think my issue is because I am affiliated with the Exp*dia empire and adds a big list of affiliates which pull their data including the now 'book direct TA' OTA.
I will most likely sever ties with them the Empire, keep Booking though. If TC continues to work for me, dropping that Empire will save me time & money.

I don't mind rotating in the top 3, it is when I fall down in the 4th or below position that I don't want. So far changing my Exp*dia min. stay has kept me in the top 3, unless my search includes a longer stay (rare). And I noticed that even though I did raise my bid, my last click-through was at the min rate.

Oooh.. I like the 4 night minimum thing. Interesting. I have no OTAs yet, so not an issue right now, but if I do decide to try them out...

Back