Currents | Rooms Bed-and-Breakfast, Doily-Free - INN the news 11.13.08

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS
I also like doillyfield.
I personally think a b & b should be decorated according to the year it was built. Our 1908 is decorate in that era.
A 1950's should be decorated according to how they did it then..
knowlesl said:
SS
I also like doillyfield.
I personally think a b & b should be decorated according to the year it was built. Our 1908 is decorate in that era.
A 1950's should be decorated according to how they did it then.
Lo that is what my Dad keeps telling me, Victorians were fascinated with animals, you can have my moosehead. NO WAY! I tell him parlor animals, not giant moose.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
knowlesl said:
SS
I also like doillyfield.
Lo that is what my Dad keeps telling me, Victorians were fascinated with animals, you can have my moosehead. NO WAY! I tell him parlor animals, not giant moose.
We have that! Birds. Lots of stuffed birds in glass cases. It's creepy in the dead of the night. And try dusting the ones not under glass.
My cousin had her deceased dog stuffed. It's in her parlor, right on the hearth where he always slept. Weird.
megan said:
My cousin had her deceased dog stuffed. It's in her parlor, right on the hearth where he always slept. Weird.
Now that would freak me out. Like the time I walked into a room in the Misty museum on Chincoteague and came face-to-face with a stuffed Misty.
muirford said:
megan said:
Now that would freak me out. Like the time I walked into a room in the Misty museum on Chincoteague and came face-to-face with a stuffed Misty.
Are you kidding! I wanted to take the kids there, they would be heart broken to see that! What were they thinking.
Wish I was kidding - I loved those books. We stayed in Marguerite Henry's room at Miss Molly's Inn in Chincoteague. Like lots of young girls I was a horse nut when I was young.
I have heard that the stuffed Misty has moved around some and may no longer be in the little museum, which was kind of awful anyway. It's a nice trip to Chincoteague, especially with the girls. A quiet town but seeing the wild ponies is really thrilling. We were there off-season so it was very quiet.
We used to see them all the time when we were here in the Outer Banks, before they moved them up north. Bigger horses than in Virginia but they would graze in the yards of the houses we rented. So many of them were killed by cars they moved them up to the northern part of the island. I've heard that some have escaped and come back down to start their own little family but we haven't seen them yet.

SS
I also like doillyfield.
A 1950's should be decorated according to how they did it then..
knowlesl said:
SS
I also like doillyfield.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
knowlesl said:
SS
I also like doillyfield.
We have that! Birds. Lots of stuffed birds in glass cases. It's creepy in the dead of the night. And try dusting the ones not under glass.
megan said:
muirford said:
megan said:
Are you kidding! I wanted to take the kids there, they would be heart broken to see that! What were they thinking.
Wish I was kidding - I loved those books. We stayed in Marguerite Henry's room at Miss Molly's Inn in Chincoteague. Like lots of young girls I was a horse nut when I was young.
I have heard that the stuffed Misty has moved around some and may no longer be in the little museum, which was kind of awful anyway. It's a nice trip to Chincoteague, especially with the girls. A quiet town but seeing the wild ponies is really thrilling. We were there off-season so it was very quiet.
We used to see them all the time when we were here in the Outer Banks, before they moved them up north. Bigger horses than in Virginia but they would graze in the yards of the houses we rented. So many of them were killed by cars they moved them up to the northern part of the island. I've heard that some have escaped and come back down to start their own little family but we haven't seen them yet.
We stayed in that same room one stay in Chincoteaque. I must have missed the stuffed horse..no one even mentioned it:-( We LOVE Chincoteague..for biking and in off season. There isn't anything to do there in off season except enjoy the peace and solitude. Which we like:)

Back