Customizing Flower Arrangements

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tipsy Butler

Reaction score
Just wanted to share.
I am NOT artistic, however I'm very proud of today's flower arranging attempt.
Guest wanted flowers in the room (told me last night), but not roses. Preferred something more natural. I got some of the mini carnations in a very light greenish tint and some stunning long-stem irises. Put them in a vase and then went "shopping" in the backyard. Added sprays of pine branches (not in the water) and about 10 pine cones. The pine branches added fabulous texture and the cones helped spread out the flower stems and really added to the whole arrangement - romantic yet seasonal (I hope)
Now I have to go and make some choc chip cookies. Another guest told me that the only thing her husband has ever remembered from other B&Bs was the warm choc chip cookies that were on the room on arrival at a B&B long, long ago and could I possibly, would I mind, could I please, if it wasn't too much trouble do the same thing.

Photo?
I'm off to make mini chocolate cupcakes in a heart shape and then frost with red icing.

It's a chocolate day! I just baked some chocolate chip brownies, will cut them out with a heart shaped cookie cutter and am also doing strawberries dipped in white chocolate. Imagine how many calories will be consumed today by guests at B&Bs!

Mini philo pastry with a piece of banana, one single Ghirardelli dark choco chip covered in a 1/4 tsp of caramel pudding, a scratch of coconut and one more choco chip on the top. They look like little sundaes and taste kinda like ice cream as well. Only issue is they need to stay chilled so I put them in guest fridge with a note to help themselves to a Valentine's treat.

Mini philo pastry with a piece of banana, one single Ghirardelli dark choco chip covered in a 1/4 tsp of caramel pudding, a scratch of coconut and one more choco chip on the top. They look like little sundaes and taste kinda like ice cream as well. Only issue is they need to stay chilled so I put them in guest fridge with a note to help themselves to a Valentine's treat..
Sounds yummy! Do the bananas get brown in the fridge?

Mini philo pastry with a piece of banana, one single Ghirardelli dark choco chip covered in a 1/4 tsp of caramel pudding, a scratch of coconut and one more choco chip on the top. They look like little sundaes and taste kinda like ice cream as well. Only issue is they need to stay chilled so I put them in guest fridge with a note to help themselves to a Valentine's treat..
Hot Damn those sound GOOOODDDD

NW BB said:
No one knows or will know, they are the first to jump into the phyllo pastry which is the size of a quarter. They really are so small you can't fit much - bitesize look at the SHELLS on here.
Our grocery store had them for .69 a package normally $3 or something (you take them out of the freezer and fill em up.) They have to be something you can just DROP in or they will break up.
I am doing strawb n cream as a starter tomorrow so wanted something easy and different today.
This recipe was similar to what I was going to do - like mini cheesecakes but went with the pudding. I nearly went with a key lime filling.
This might work to paste them in - not that attractive but taste good.
15akub.jpg

Mollysmom is ....wishing she had a private plane right now so i could B&B hop and try all of these decliciously decadent lovey dovey Valentine's treats!
Remember, chocolate is an aphrodisiac! xo xo
my lovey dovey just walked in the door with, not only my requests from the grocery, but also a card & box of my fave chocolates! bless his heart!i was so busy today baking chocolatey goodness for our guests, i didn't even get a chance to sign his card.

Mollysmom is ....wishing she had a private plane right now so i could B&B hop and try all of these decliciously decadent lovey dovey Valentine's treats!
Remember, chocolate is an aphrodisiac! xo xo
my lovey dovey just walked in the door with, not only my requests from the grocery, but also a card & box of my fave chocolates! bless his heart!i was so busy today baking chocolatey goodness for our guests, i didn't even get a chance to sign his card..
Before you wish you were here, let me explain the chocolate cupcakes...ugh. I used one of those silpat cupcake things. Small cupcakes. Really the thing was designed for candy. All of the cupcakes got so big they looked like blobs. I was in the process of dumping them when I realized the bottoms were perfect. I cut all of the tops off (and saved them). I frosted the teensy bottom bits (like frosting a thick quarter, that's about the size).
Put sprinkles on the top and served. They're all gone. 20 of them. Well, they are just one bite.
So, the tops. Tomorrow I am going to frost those and serve them as 'frosted cupcake tops'. Yup, you heard it first here!

I am doing a dinner tonight. I got 5 chocolate roses in a box - a couple of milk chocolate and I think 3 of them were white - from the local chocolatier and slipped them to him to give to her. Dinner in just a couple minutes. I just got strawberry ice cream for dessert. I am too tired to worry about impressing anything.
Tried to get the person who relieves me at Chapel to take it for me tonight - no go. Oh well I will be home by 1 am. Have to find out what time breakfast is tomorrow so I can have it ready before I leave. I put a pan of muffin batter in the freezer this morning for him to take out Monday to thaw in the fredge. Coffee for Tuesday is roasted. Just have to make a do this list for DH for Tuesday. Wheat bread raising - decided against the Gillum Rolls, he can do toast easier.

Tipsy, I forgot to tell you the arrangement sounds lovely. I have no talent for that kind of thing but appreciate other's talents in decor.

Back