Daylight Savings is this Sunday!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NO ONE HAS BEEN DOWN FOR COFFEE. IT IS 842AM. DID THEY IGNORE MY SIGN? I HOPE NOT.
One room rolled in at 1045PM, never called to say they are late, of course, they are the room demanding a certain food. They called the EMERGENCY CELL PHONE to say "We ran out of cream for our coffee and need some - NOW" This was at almost 11pm. They went up and down the stairs 15 times with luggage, and then later on...I lay in bed and said aloud "IF THEY SNEAKED A DOG IN I AM GOING TO BE FURIOUS!" When people arrive so late you always wonder!
This is a room who has been a total pain prioer to arriving, and arriving and they are only here one night. My other rooms are sweet and wonderful, I HOPE THEY SHOW UP FOR BREAKFAST!!!!!.
Curious minds want to know what the "certain food" is?
Mini moos anyone? Or drink it black! I would have rustled up some powdered creamer for them. That'll teach 'em! Good grief....
Yup, mini moos. One reason we keep them on hand.
Alibi Ike said:
That is what we had out there, but not enough, apparently. I only put a handful out at a time - this is the after hours coffee area, not the morning coffee set up.

NO ONE HAS BEEN DOWN FOR COFFEE. IT IS 842AM. DID THEY IGNORE MY SIGN? I HOPE NOT.
One room rolled in at 1045PM, never called to say they are late, of course, they are the room demanding a certain food. They called the EMERGENCY CELL PHONE to say "We ran out of cream for our coffee and need some - NOW" This was at almost 11pm. They went up and down the stairs 15 times with luggage, and then later on...I lay in bed and said aloud "IF THEY SNEAKED A DOG IN I AM GOING TO BE FURIOUS!" When people arrive so late you always wonder!
This is a room who has been a total pain prioer to arriving, and arriving and they are only here one night. My other rooms are sweet and wonderful, I HOPE THEY SHOW UP FOR BREAKFAST!!!!!.
Mini moos anyone? Or drink it black! I would have rustled up some powdered creamer for them. That'll teach 'em! Good grief....
Alibi Ike said:
That is what we had out there, but not enough, apparently. I only put a handful out at a time - this is the after hours coffee area, not the morning coffee set up.
Joey Bloggs said:
Alibi Ike said:
I realize it was at night. That's why I have enough on hand for an army, even at night! There are, right now, at least 50 mini moos in easy reach. At least 30 packets of each kind of sugar. 5-6 of every coffee flavor. 2 of each tea. (So shoot me. There's no more room in the tea caddy! And, yes, guests HAVE complained that they couldn't find the same tea they had in the afternoon.) 1 qt of non-fat milk. 1 qt of soy milk.
And we do get complaints that we don't have every % of milk on hand.
There is just no making everyone happy. At least we've never been woken up to step and fetch it. That's where your guests went too far. It's 'complimentary' which also means, 'you get what's out there'!
Like 'afternoon refreshments'- once it's evening, 'afternoon' is over and done. If there's something left of the cookies, lucky you. If not, I'm not making more.

Samster said:
Here is the email:
Hi! we look forward to our stay. please note we do not eat red meat but we eat all fowl and fish. we love eggs benedict and look forward to having your version. we make it with canadian-style turkey bacon or regular turkey bacon. can you get that? and your hollandaise is of course 100% made from scratch?
PS from JB no one said we were having eggs bennie. and ...we didn't. They showed up at 920AM after we knocked on their door to tell them breakfast was being served.
Wow, I would have liked to see what my own response to this ridiculous email would have been. I would have GUARANTEED that we were not having eggs bennie after they were so incredibly rude. Who in the world possibly cares what YOU make "your" version from? You're going to a b&b, you eat what they are serving for breakfast and LIKE IT.
Some people should just never leave the durn house. This has me steamed!

Well after discussing this twice with guests they were late one hour. I threw away the dish and started over because I knew what happened. I told them I thought the clock would set on its own but of course it didn't. I told them just in case didn't don't forget the time change. They told me no problem they had cell phones. Someone had flipped the switch on that one clock to off for DST. I should have checked myself so it was my fault. I learned a lesson. They might have had I Phone which I heard didn't change either. So I smiled and made the dish over that won't hold more that 15 minutes. They loved it and never said anything about being late. I bet they didn't even know.

I just realized I did not check the clock in the room the guests are in, the prev guests this weekend may have used their cell phones to wake up! I sure hope they show up soon or else their breakfast is toast, as they say!
chef.gif

I just realized I did not check the clock in the room the guests are in, the prev guests this weekend may have used their cell phones to wake up! I sure hope they show up soon or else their breakfast is toast, as they say!
chef.gif

Samster said:
Here is the email:
Hi! we look forward to our stay. please note we do not eat red meat but we eat all fowl and fish. we love eggs benedict and look forward to having your version. we make it with canadian-style turkey bacon or regular turkey bacon. can you get that? and your hollandaise is of course 100% made from scratch?
PS from JB no one said we were having eggs bennie. and ...we didn't. They showed up at 920AM after we knocked on their door to tell them breakfast was being served.
JB - OH, my goodness....what cheek! Requesting eggs benedict with from scratch hollandaise and turkey bacon. I would definitely had to write an email reply a couple times...to delete my sarcastic initial replies! People are so weird sometimes.
I figured that you put out mini-moos in the evening. I have seen plenty of people have a little coffee with their cream around here. I guess I lucked out that I never got a call for more cream!
Sorry you got these demanding guests.
sad_smile.gif

Back