Declined CC on deposit

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not trying to hijack this thread, but we just switched to ReservationKey (love it, love it, love it!) What kind of message is generated when a credit card is declined on ReservationKey? I have it set up to take the first night's deposit when they make their reservation. So far, everyone has provided a good credit card number and the reservation have gone through. Just curious as to what happens when they don't..
I think you're the first one on here to use the auth.net with ResKey. You're going to have to be the guinea pig on that one!
Breakfast Diva said:
I think you're the first one on here to use the auth.net with ResKey. You're going to have to be the guinea pig on that one!
BD will you add the check box to your page for the policies, I just did. Go to CUSTOM MESSAGES. Then add that, then go back to reservation pages and make sure it is ticked to appear on your reserv page.
You can view mine to see it.
Thanks PT, I got a glimpse of it off your page.
cheers.gif

Thanks JB. I added it, but I put on a "yes" to click. I don't want anyone to click "no"!
JB, I don't know if it's my computer, but when I went on your Reskey and switched it to view calendar mode, the page comes up looking bad and is showing codes, etc.
ARRRGHHH!!! Thanks for pointing that out. I figured it out, I have a quotation mark in the cottage title. thanks again for catching it!
I will work on the page a bit more over the winter to add custom colors and header, I added it as a trial and never looked back! I still love it as well. I need to go and add packages and other assorted goodies, later on...it is on the list! (I removed the "NO" on the policies too)
It's looking good now!
John said maybe he should add the ability to add quotes in the room names. I said, don't bother. I used AKA instead, I was just trying to be cute. Cute isn't always feasible. haha
I guess it's one of those "stick with the facts ma'am" moments! I've done something that put a little glitch in my packages list, but it's so tiny, I'm not going to deal with it right now. It goes on the 'things to do in the slow season list'. The problem is that list is so long, it's sure going to take discipline to get to it all! Slow season=no discipline. I want to be a slug for a while! We haven't had a day off since the beginning of May. No wonder I have a snarky attitude right about now
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

Breakfast Diva said:
We haven't had a day off since the beginning of May. No wonder I have a snarky attitude right about now
Amen sistuh! 18 more days and I get to put my feet up! I get to loll around while someone else feeds me and cleans my room! (Of course I will tell them to not bother with my room! AND, I will leave a tip anyway!)
WHOO HOO!!!! WHERE YOU GOING???
Not far. Just getting out of Dodge for a few days with friends. We eat, we drink, we laugh, we look at scenery and then we repeat the process.

Not trying to hijack this thread, but we just switched to ReservationKey (love it, love it, love it!) What kind of message is generated when a credit card is declined on ReservationKey? I have it set up to take the first night's deposit when they make their reservation. So far, everyone has provided a good credit card number and the reservation have gone through. Just curious as to what happens when they don't..
Breakfast Diva said:
BD will you add the check box to your page for the policies, I just did. Go to CUSTOM MESSAGES. Then add that, then go back to reservation pages and make sure it is ticked to appear on your reserv page.
cheers.gif

Thanks JB. I added it, but I put on a "yes" to click. I don't want anyone to click "no"!
JB, I don't know if it's my computer, but when I went on your Reskey and switched it to view calendar mode, the page comes up looking bad and is showing codes, etc.
ARRRGHHH!!! Thanks for pointing that out. I figured it out, I have a quotation mark in the cottage title. thanks again for catching it!
I will work on the page a bit more over the winter to add custom colors and header, I added it as a trial and never looked back! I still love it as well. I need to go and add packages and other assorted goodies, later on...it is on the list! (I removed the "NO" on the policies too)
It's looking good now!
John said maybe he should add the ability to add quotes in the room names. I said, don't bother. I used AKA instead, I was just trying to be cute. Cute isn't always feasible. haha
I guess it's one of those "stick with the facts ma'am" moments! I've done something that put a little glitch in my packages list, but it's so tiny, I'm not going to deal with it right now. It goes on the 'things to do in the slow season list'. The problem is that list is so long, it's sure going to take discipline to get to it all! Slow season=no discipline. I want to be a slug for a while! We haven't had a day off since the beginning of May. No wonder I have a snarky attitude right about now

Breakfast Diva said:
We haven't had a day off since the beginning of May. No wonder I have a snarky attitude right about now
Amen sistuh! 18 more days and I get to put my feet up! I get to loll around while someone else feeds me and cleans my room! (Of course I will tell them to not bother with my room! AND, I will leave a tip anyway!)
WHOO HOO!!!! WHERE YOU GOING???
Not far. Just getting out of Dodge for a few days with friends. We eat, we drink, we laugh, we look at scenery and then we repeat the process.
Sounds like heaven!

Breakfast Diva said:
cheers.gif

It's looking good now!
Joey Bloggs said:
Could you use single quotes? Like put 'this' rather than "this"?

Back