dining room table

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me add that when I have 2 couples I set the table at each end with no place settings in the middle - I put all the food in the middle for accessibility to all but also it gives breathing space. If all three rooms are occupied - welcome to the family! Unless they all have separate breakfast times - and that does happen.

I have three tables, 2 square tables that can seat four and one round table that normally seats 2 but can open up to seat 8. I used to have one large table but found that guests prefer to eat privately, especially if they are here on a romantic getaway.

We have a country farm table that seats six, though our maximum occupancy is four. If people don't want to face the possibility of eating with strangers, then perhaps a B&B is not the right environment for them.
For DW and me, meeting new people has always been the primary allure of going to and/or running a B&B..
Proud Texan said:
We have a country farm table that seats six, though our maximum occupancy is four. If people don't want to face the possibility of eating with strangers, then perhaps a B&B is not the right environment for them
It's that kind of thinking that makes my place so popular
poke.gif

this is what i love about b&b's ...
not that i will be for sure sitting with other people, but that b&bs are all so different. reflecting the personality of the innkeeper(s).
as soon as i feel like i know what to expect from place to place, then for me i may as well stay in a hotel.

3 small rounds tables that seat 4 persons each - we seat 12 & our max. occupancy is 12

Before becoming Innkeepers, we preferred sitting at large tables with other guests. Once or twice we sat at two-tops, and it was a little awkward for us. NOW, when we travel, I still prefer B&B's, but I just want to be anonymous....I don't mind sitting at the table with other guests AS LONG AS they don't know we're innkeepers. Too many questions about the job we're escaping from!

this is what i love about b&b's ...
not that i will be for sure sitting with other people, but that b&bs are all so different. reflecting the personality of the innkeeper(s).
as soon as i feel like i know what to expect from place to place, then for me i may as well stay in a hotel..
You are absolutely right, Sea Shanty!!

Before becoming Innkeepers, we preferred sitting at large tables with other guests. Once or twice we sat at two-tops, and it was a little awkward for us. NOW, when we travel, I still prefer B&B's, but I just want to be anonymous....I don't mind sitting at the table with other guests AS LONG AS they don't know we're innkeepers. Too many questions about the job we're escaping from!.
Little Blue said:
Before becoming Innkeepers, we preferred sitting at large tables with other guests. Once or twice we sat at two-tops, and it was a little awkward for us. NOW, when we travel, I still prefer B&B's, but I just want to be anonymous....I don't mind sitting at the table with other guests AS LONG AS they don't know we're innkeepers. Too many questions about the job we're escaping from!
AMEN!!!! We made plans with a friend for the fall to travel to a little b&b and the friend told the folks we were innkeepers...I hate that! I don't want anyone to feel nervous or like I"m judging them, I just want to enjoy my stay and be anonymous for a change.

We have a large table that seat 8 max and two round tables that can seat 4 each, we can have 20 guests max. I have learned that most guests have an awkward moment when they see just one table...but then just get into chatting with other guests and its the best part of our job to see eveyone exchanging e-mails or addresses at the end of their stay and they where strangers when they arrived.
I will however suggest square tables as opposed to round ones, square ones of the same size you can but together if need be.

We have a country farm table that seats six, though our maximum occupancy is four. If people don't want to face the possibility of eating with strangers, then perhaps a B&B is not the right environment for them.
For DW and me, meeting new people has always been the primary allure of going to and/or running a B&B..
Proud Texan said:
We have a country farm table that seats six, though our maximum occupancy is four. If people don't want to face the possibility of eating with strangers, then perhaps a B&B is not the right environment for them
poke.gif

Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
poke.gif
Hey, we're doing O.K.
smiley-char092.gif

Ginocat mentioned her European travelers and it got me to thinking. When we travel overseas we revel in the breakfast conversations that we have with other travelers and the innkeepers. It's what made us love B&Bs.

Proud Texan said:
poke.gif

Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
poke.gif
Hey, we're doing O.K.
smiley-char092.gif

Ginocat mentioned her European travelers and it got me to thinking. When we travel overseas we revel in the breakfast conversations that we have with other travelers and the innkeepers. It's what made us love B&Bs.
Proud Texan said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
poke.gif
Hey, we're doing O.K.
smiley-char092.gif

Ohhhh, just some good ribbing. I hadn't poked anybody lately and I thought it might wake you up.

Proud Texan said:
poke.gif

Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
poke.gif
Hey, we're doing O.K.
smiley-char092.gif

Proud Texan said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
poke.gif
Hey, we're doing O.K.
smiley-char092.gif

Ohhhh, just some good ribbing. I hadn't poked anybody lately and I thought it might wake you up.
Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
poke.gif
Hey, we're doing O.K.
smiley-char092.gif

Watch it! My smiley has a gun!

Proud Texan said:
poke.gif

Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
poke.gif
Hey, we're doing O.K.
smiley-char092.gif

Proud Texan said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
poke.gif
Hey, we're doing O.K.
smiley-char092.gif

Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
poke.gif
Hey, we're doing O.K.
smiley-char092.gif

Proud Texan said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
poke.gif
Hey, we're doing O.K.
smiley-char092.gif

Yeah, but he's shootin' blanks!

Proud Texan said:
poke.gif

Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
poke.gif
Hey, we're doing O.K.
smiley-char092.gif

Proud Texan said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
poke.gif
Hey, we're doing O.K.
smiley-char092.gif

Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
poke.gif
Hey, we're doing O.K.
smiley-char092.gif

Proud Texan said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
poke.gif
Hey, we're doing O.K.
smiley-char092.gif

Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
poke.gif
Hey, we're doing O.K.
smiley-char092.gif

He can still give you powder burns.
wow.gif

Proud Texan said:
poke.gif

Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
poke.gif
Hey, we're doing O.K.
smiley-char092.gif

Proud Texan said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
poke.gif
Hey, we're doing O.K.
smiley-char092.gif

Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
poke.gif
Hey, we're doing O.K.
smiley-char092.gif

Proud Texan said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
poke.gif
Hey, we're doing O.K.
smiley-char092.gif

Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
poke.gif
Hey, we're doing O.K.
smiley-char092.gif

He can still give you powder burns.
wow.gif

Back