Disappeared Into The Night

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, we got a call from the guest. A very odd call... promising to send us a cheque for the night. They apparently were put off by some street people in the latin quarter who begged them for money.... not our neighbourhood, but the next neighbourhood over. DH was up when they came back in, but they didn't talk to him about it at all.
Funny how everyone else repeatedly says that we are in the perfect location and these people freak out because of being approached by someone asking for money.
So, anyone think I will ever see that cheque?

Well, we got a call from the guest. A very odd call... promising to send us a cheque for the night. They apparently were put off by some street people in the latin quarter who begged them for money.... not our neighbourhood, but the next neighbourhood over. DH was up when they came back in, but they didn't talk to him about it at all.
Funny how everyone else repeatedly says that we are in the perfect location and these people freak out because of being approached by someone asking for money.
So, anyone think I will ever see that cheque?.
No, and I've got a bridge for sale.
A load of rubbish that was!

So, anyone think I will ever see that cheque?.
Joey Bloggs said:
That's what I thought. And I'm not really sure that I would want to cash the cheque for fear of the $25 NSF cheque fee... throwing good money after bad.

I would have called the police. It's theft of services clear and simple. I know that in Texas, that's a felony. This is NOT a victimless crime.

I would have called the police. It's theft of services clear and simple. I know that in Texas, that's a felony. This is NOT a victimless crime..
The reason I would fight this is less about the money and more abot teaching these people that it is a crime and there is a punishment. People think stealing a service is ok but I isn't.

Bank check/money order only..
It's never going to appear.... what difference will it make, telling them to send a money order. I'm starting to think that DH was right... they didn't have the money and after having trouble paying for dinner, as their CC was declined, they decided to save the embarrassment and duck out on us.

I was only saying that when they skipped that would be the only acceptable thing now. No, I agree, you won't see a dime. I said that as I had a luncheon where this lady dropped an antique plate and sent me a check to replace it and it was NSF, twice. Finally I got her to send a bank check plus the addtional amount, $.
One of my live and learn lessons, if I did functions now I would charge the persons cc who booked it. This was year one when I was still nice.
cry_smile.gif
LOL Actually it was a local event, as you can imagine, and every little move you make counts. Now I don't give a rip, locals schmokels, not much comes from the local scene for this B&B.

Back